PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion to LW3DG

Asticles
11-16-2016, 07:14 AM
Hi all,

I know I'm relatively new with LW, but working with modeler I realized how good could be to have a vpr window inside it. And this is what I suggest. A little vpr view in addition to the others, with basic ilumination (as presets) and the possibility to fit an HDRI. This will make modeler program independent from layout for most of the material creation and tweaking, without the need to load the entire scene. If they evolve the thing modeler can be sold separately, for example (in case they repair the dreaded uv tools).

Also, if we're going to PBR, it should be an pbr opengl view (faster), but I suppose that procedurals won't be viewed correctly.

What do you think?

Regards!

GraphXs
11-16-2016, 08:04 AM
While that would be cool, the future will eventually be mesh editing in layout. I would not expect modeler to ever get a vpr viewport. But hey, ya never know.

prometheus
11-16-2016, 09:56 AM
I would settle for updated openGL with ambient occlusion where cavity and dentīs get better presented, and matcaps.
For hdr? maybe..I guess for deep texture work with reflections etc, and as mentioned, with the focus on working in modeler enterily without setting it up in layout.

I also miss a way of using modeler preferences to set a custom material, and have any choosen material as your default, and I also miss the option to use unlimited colors for wireframe and sketch, it is a bit lousy as it is today on that front.