PDA

View Full Version : Are you useing latest Windows 10 O/S. Image ifo?

cove
11-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Do you like me have different full screen images appear each time you start your computer up which also disappears as soon as you log in.
[Im not refering to the standed background image which is blue with a window frame].
As you may know most of these images are great and some very dramatic.
Does anyone know if you can download any of these images from some particular place.
As it is now as soon as you have signed in the image is gone so cannot even capture an image.
2 images i like a lot and one of those id love to try and recreate the scene
thats shown in my lightwave.
I did try googling a few relavent phrases but nothing usefull came up.
Thanks for any info in reply.

spherical
11-12-2016, 06:59 PM
Actually, they're stored locally. Different locations, depending upon OS version. Google this: save bing startup image You can also get them through the Amazing Lock Screen app.

cove
11-13-2016, 06:51 AM
Actually, they're stored locally. Different locations, depending upon OS version. Google this: save bing startup image You can also get them through the Amazing Lock Screen app.

Thanks spherical
Searched for as advised and found a site that gives detailed instructions on how to find the image files in my O/S 10.
The images are stored as hidden files and you need to select to unhide them for access plus copy to a seperate folder any hi res versions of file names you see then add .jpg extension to an image file.

Only downside is you do not see the images themselves only the unusually named file names so may have to select more than a few to get the ones im after.

Alternativly i will try your suggestion
Quote.
"get them through the Amazing Lock Screen app"
and see if that is a better option.

Here is the link to the site referred to above in case you or anyone wants to check it out-----

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/find-windows-spotlight-lock-screen-images-windows-10/