PDA

View Full Version : So it begins...

prometheus
11-09-2016, 11:59 AM
Lot of swedes paralyzed today..

The first snow of the year in stockholm was quite a lot for the very first snow, and it was a record early, not since 100 years ago has it snowed this much the first time and this early, itīs not extreme..but a lot
4 decimeters within some hours, and I had to wait one hour for the bus, two or the planed bus schedules was cancelled, and I forgot my thick socks, so a bit of frozen toes before I finally got to work.
And a lot of other bus and communications on the roads were cancelled today, resulting in stray people on the main roads since thatīs the only place they could go.
Other than that, it is looking nice as a winter landscape, and we will soon adjust to the early chaos.

Weird...I sent an sms to my sister, was wondering if she would be able to get home since the bus communication was canceled, the very same millisecond I sent the mail, she phoned me up without knowing about the sms I just sent, and she was wondering just the same thing about me, weird odds, she was ok though since she had a cold and wasnīt at work anyway, and I got a lift with some working mates.

So that is my first winter report for the year, signing off from stockholm, no bad weather hey, only bad clothes:D and please feel free to share your winter report when the snow chaos hits the U.S or some other country you live in, If itīs not related to 3d or graphics, you can take perhaps take this for snow reference and have use for it in 3d creation, sorry for the pics though..it could have been better pictures if it would have been better daylight, but it gets dark here around here at 15.00 afternoon.

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=135046&d=1478717758

tyrot
11-09-2016, 12:02 PM
thanks for sharing ...

50one
11-09-2016, 01:07 PM
thanks for sharing ...

+1, this is a game changer.

prometheus
11-09-2016, 01:24 PM
+1, this is a game changer.

It definitely is, never again are swedes going to get surprised like this, we have lived here with this type of weather for ages, so the next year this will not affect us anymore.

50one
11-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Sorry, I thought I'm replying in that new renderer thread.

Sanchon
11-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Great renders here ;) WOW

MarcusM
11-09-2016, 02:13 PM
I changed winter tyres in last month ;) Not below 0 degree yet here in Szczecin.

50one
11-09-2016, 02:58 PM
We had some snow yesterday around 8PM here, but it was all gone before 9AM this morning.

BigHache
11-09-2016, 05:10 PM
It hasn't snowed in my hometown since the 70's... there will never be snow for me to report. But, I like the photos.

adrian
11-10-2016, 02:51 AM
Great pictures, enjoy the winter wonderland. I would love to contribute with my own photos but with the putrid climate where I live, proper snow is almost a thing of the past. I desperately want to be able to do snow scenes with LW but thus far my attempts at realistic snow have been as bad as the UK weather.

JohnMarchant
11-10-2016, 03:12 AM
Sadly not much chance in South Eastern Spain for snow, but having said that the wife is more than happy with that.

MAUROCOR
11-10-2016, 03:21 AM
Great pictures, prometheus! I have no idea how would be to live in a place like this. We had low temperatures here in São Paulo during the winter this year, but far from what you have there. Know we are preparing to summer. It promisses very hot days!

Photogram
11-10-2016, 06:08 AM
Here in Rawdon, Quebec, Canada, we already got 2 cm two week ago but already melt 3 days after. If we are lucky this year the real snow will begin in january.
My SAAB is ready! ;)
You live in Sweden so you have the choice for a good SAAB or Volvo ;)

That is 17 years car with 293 000 km and still rock! :jam:

art
11-10-2016, 07:10 AM
4 decimeters.. haven't seen those units being used ever since I moved to the U.S. Oh, when you say it gets dark at 15, do you still need to add "afternoon"? ;)
I bought an extra insurance against snow a year ago: a snowblower. It worked pretty well last year because we did not get much snow up here where I live.

Spinland
11-10-2016, 07:24 AM
Brace yourselves....

prometheus
11-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Great pictures, prometheus! I have no idea how would be to live in a place like this. We had low temperatures here in São Paulo during the winter this year, but far from what you have there. Know we are preparing to summer. It promisses very hot days!

Well...let me explain a little, you should keep your hands free every day when you go out, in case you slip, and every day means you are mostly walking like a duck to keep your balance, and when it first hits you, it will start to feel in muscles not used during the summer, today I was one hour late to the job since I had to walk 5.65 km in duck speed in the snow, cause all the bus communications was cancelled today.
That was exceptional though, yesterday I had to wait for one hour for the bus and got cold feet since I didnīt now there would be problems, now we know and I got extra socks.
I think this was one of the worst traffic chaos ever in sthlm, some people were stuck for 10 hours in traffic.

The nice things though, if this winter coat doesnīt melt away during this weekend, then itīs gonna be beautiful..If the sun is up and clear, if it is a dark cloud cover, then it will be hard to take photos.

4 decimeters.. haven't seen those units being used ever since I moved to the U.S. Oh, when you say it gets dark at 15, do you still need to add "afternoon"? ;)
I bought an extra insurance against snow a year ago: a snowblower. It worked pretty well last year because we did not get much snow up here where I live.

It continued to pour down today and the bus traffic will probably still be cancelled tomorrow, fortunatly I got a ride with some folks tomorrow morning and back home, and the plowing machines are working all the time now, but the busses still have issues due to bad maintenance and some are still not towed back.
Ya, correct...I donīt know why I added afternoon, I guess my brain was a bit snowed in and muddy :)

prometheus
11-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Great pictures, enjoy the winter wonderland. I would love to contribute with my own photos but with the putrid climate where I live, proper snow is almost a thing of the past. I desperately want to be able to do snow scenes with LW but thus far my attempts at realistic snow have been as bad as the UK weather.

These pictures I took is actually horrible in my opinion, taken with the samsung s3 phone, If I would have had my canon powershot s3, it would have looked better, and I hope this stays like this so I can go by the lake in the weekend in the day before it gets dark, that should be a good opportunity to get nice frosty shots, if the temp is maybe below -4 or -10 celsius, I also hope to get some swans or ducks, perhaps grill some hot dogs when I am out there if I can get a fire starting, might even share with the ducks.

Yeah, I will have to take a look at rendering snow as well later, both in lightwave and blender, blender I think may have some good things in the sleeve to do that.

MarcusM
11-10-2016, 12:28 PM
You just need this technology:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n4Ziqv2Z0s&app=desktop

prometheus
11-10-2016, 12:46 PM
You just need this technology:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n4Ziqv2Z0s&app=desktop

What on earth are they doing, salting the road..for what?
Nah..such stuff wouldnīt work with the load of snow we get.

c.1
11-10-2016, 09:10 PM
135060This is the warmest Nov on record here, we hit 18c on more than one day.

We have had snow like you just had but never this early.

On the plus side, snow cools down beer really, really fast.

bazsa73
11-11-2016, 01:48 AM
I lived in neighbouring Finland for 10 years. Longest, terriblest winters I ever had. But we had lots of fun too.

MAUROCOR
11-11-2016, 02:39 AM
On the plus side, snow cools down beer really, really fast.

I knew there was something nice too!

MAUROCOR
11-11-2016, 02:47 AM
Well...let me explain a little, you should keep your hands free every day when you go out, in case you slip, and every day means you are mostly walking like a duck to keep your balance, and when it first hits you, it will start to feel in muscles not used during the summer, today I was one hour late to the job since I had to walk 5.65 km in duck speed in the snow, cause all the bus communications was cancelled today.
That was exceptional though, yesterday I had to wait for one hour for the bus and got cold feet since I didnīt now there would be problems, now we know and I got extra socks.
I think this was one of the worst traffic chaos ever in sthlm, some people were stuck for 10 hours in traffic.

The nice things though, if this winter coat doesnīt melt away during this weekend, then itīs gonna be beautiful..If the sun is up and clear, if it is a dark cloud cover, then it will be hard to take photos.

Ok, it doesnīt seems easy but there is something you like too? Maybe the sleeping time or something?

meshpig
11-11-2016, 06:07 AM
It actually snowed once in Sydney in 1989 and it lasted all of a few hours until 10 am. I've lived in Chicago though...

cove
11-11-2016, 06:22 AM
Sadly were i live in England we have not seen a decent snow fall for many years just hail and sleet but a few times maybe half inch of snow which soon disappears.
Maybe this winter with the way climate change is these days we may see some snow. 6 inches of snow would be ideal.
Love to go out and kick up the snow build a snow man and throw snow balls again.

Usefull tip.

I did this many years ago when i was a trainee car mechanic.
It was the middle of the winter and driving home late one night after doing a few hours overtime. There was a a few inches of snow on the road which was hardpacked over a layer of ice.
I suddenly remembered id left something back at the garage and needed to go back.
I pulled up and reversed into someones driveway but when i tried to drive away and the car would not go forward. Tried changing gear to second gear/reverse gear and anything else i could think of nothing worked.
Sitting back wondering what else i could do i suddenly noticed the car was in first gear and my foot was off the clutch and the rear wheels were still rotating. Then i had a flash of inspiration.
Why not get out of the car while its ticking over with wheels still turning and give the car a firm push. So thats what i did and it worked!! [the worst that could happen is the engine may stall] I steered
the car till it was facing down the road. I was highly amused by the fact that i was slowly walking beside a driverless car. But rather than just get back into the car
i carried on walking with the car for about 50 yards to enjoy more of this unusual situation. Did get home ok.
Normally id would of been to embarressed to say to the lads at work that i got stuck in the snow but next day when i told them what happened we all had a good laugh over what happened.

So if you find yourself in similar circumstances then you now have another option that may work for you.

Spinland
11-11-2016, 06:38 AM
This was the view from my studio window five years ago today. This year not even a dusting yet thus far. We shall see what develops.

prometheus
11-11-2016, 09:20 AM
Ok, it doesnīt seems easy but there is something you like too? Maybe the sleeping time or something?

Sleeping time? Mehh..we donīt get any extra sleeping time hours just because of winter really, we did change or clock to wintertime(turning the clock back one hour the last days of october), which ment we could sleep one hour longer for some week ago, itīs done that way to get more light during day hours they say, then around late march, we turn the clock forward which means getting up one hour earlier, and it feels like loosing time..I donīt like that cyclic changing, some people are opposing it and wants to skip all that and just go with one time ...all the time.

So during winter, apart from the snow masses and slippery roads causing a lot of deaths both by car and a lot of people falling severly with deadly outcome, you have the issue of getting too little light, mostly the areas around sweden and norway I suspect, is covered with unpenatrable clouds ..laying as a lock over the city, and less of bright clear sunny days.

Though when it is sunny, itīs often really cold, so the nostrils are freezing..feeling like they are glued or something, and a very fresh cold air, sparkling snow and a very deep sky with a mix of cyan and orange colors in the sky, that is very nice..as long as you are dressed up well, the best would be to use camel clothing underwear, and some other types of shirts that can breath.
At those moments you should be out on the lakes and skating, take a paus and drink hot chocalates and sandwitches, and maybe grill som hot dogs if possibe, itīs quit a sensation to have been out a while in the cold and mix it with hot drinks and hot dogs.

Back to sleeping time, well..You could say one may sleep much deeper, itīs maybe individual..I am a very hard to wake person normally, perhaps I do sleep deeper which may be nice..but at the same time getting up after a deep sleep isnīt that refreshing either..you feel like you could stay in the bed for days, and that is probably because of the seratonin level that changes, it controls our body temp which due to the lack of light will be hard to get going, so swedes mostly goes around with their heads sunk in like a turtle hiding in itīs shell, and we become quite dull to speak with, until summer when we change state and start to go wild with drinking..well not me though, but if anyone is visiting sweden and want to encounter more cheered up swedes, you do so in the summer, I reckon the lack of light is really affecting us..not until late may, maybe april it starts to change.
The problem is the period the winter lasts, I like autumn the best just til mid or end of october, after that it becomes quite raw cold air (not refreshing) at least not until snow arrives..which generally starts in late nov or after christmas.

so we cheer our selfs up with the Lucia traditions ..in past traditions, mostly blond good looking girls that is elected, then they get to sing songs also mixed with christmas songs, nowadays all kinds of style is accepted for Lucia.
so during Lucia we eat lucia buns and drink mulled whine, alcohol free for the kids and those driving, and Varios companies often books a good christmas dinner a bit before christmas, so we all can blab about our manager and maybe try to make out with a good looking co worker, they mostly all look good after the drinks served :D

A good thing about autumn and winter, I do not have any issues with allergy, when most people starts to cheering when april-may arrives and the forrest starts to bloom, I am not that happy cause the birch trees are outside of my window and I really get drasticly sick...Itīs a bit better now though since I take the Right medicine, covering my eyes with drops, and a nose spray.

Another good thing about winter, I hate early spring birds, especially the great tit, usally you can wake up quite nice, or sleep nicely if you go to bed or wake up early morning listening to the black bird, I love that song..but a few hours after the blackbird has song, it is overridden by the great tit..and then I canīt sleep, regardless if I am trying to go to bed later or go up early, so during winter that bird isnīt singing at all wich is nice, instead you may hear a woodpecker now and then smattering the treeīs ..but that is quite nice, and oddly it seems to appear when it is quite cold outside, so just by laying in the bed and hearing that, I can tell it is a cold and probably clear nice day.

so..I would welcome a spring with out the great tit and the pollen, and I would welcome a bit longer summer, Much shorter winter though it is nice at christmas, but especially I would like a longer autumn, cause when itīs around 6-8 degrees, but sunny and the trees are bright red, orange, yellow and green in a mix, that is gorgeous and with that comes a lower standing golden sun that kisses the leaf, and all around is this sweetness smell coming from various family houses and their fireplace, and we (at least in my community so that is a bit specific locally near me) also got world reknown Annas Pepparkakor (gingerbread) that is mixed with the other fresh smokey air.
Right now after friday work, dark and hard to walk outside, I am just gonna crawl down in bed and put a small mini heater on, and maybe watch soccer world qualifications..and then try and catch the bright day outside tomorrow instead.

O my what a long extended explanation of the living conditions it turned out to be this time, sorry for all that text.

prometheus
11-11-2016, 09:33 AM
It actually snowed once in Sydney in 1989 and it lasted all of a few hours until 10 am. I've lived in Chicago though...

Maybe I can export some snow to you and some others there, customer services will not take any complaints after 10 hours of travel, if thereīs no snow..you can always stack the water up for use to extinguish the wildfires going on that so often seem to be the case over there.

MAUROCOR
11-11-2016, 10:05 AM
Prometheus, it could be worst! It always can!

Personally I donīt like extreme temperatures in my day by day, only when I am on vacations.

I have experienced extreme cold weather in Patagonia/Argentina very close to the Perito Moreno Glacier but the beauty of that place compensated each little peace of ice stucked in my nose. That is something that I can use to imagine your life in the winter. But as I told you, I was on vacation and always was comforting to get to the hotel.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Perito_Moreno_Glacier_Patagonia_Argentina_Luca_Gal uzzi_2005.JPG

http://www.neve.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Ushuaia-Passeios-Perito-Moreno-2.jpg

http://blog.kudoybook.com/wp-content/uploads/images/Perito_Moreno_2974.jpg

http://www.lugaresdemipais.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/IMG_EXCURSION_1334578398.jpg

prometheus
11-11-2016, 11:41 AM

Personally I donīt like extreme temperatures in my day by day, only when I am on vacations.

I have experienced extreme cold weather in Patagonia/Argentina very close to the Perito Moreno Glacier but the beauty of that place compensated each little peace of ice stucked in my nose. That is something that I can use to imagine your life in the winter. But as I told you, I was on vacation and always was comforting to get to the hotel.

Great pics and nice ice reference, that blue scattering in the ice in the second image is difficult to replicate I think in 3d.
yeah..I donīt like the temp when it reaches above +24 degreeīs celsius, so hot weather isnīt something for me really.

My ideal temp is probably around +16 celsius, and with a bit of a wind, that is warm/cool with comfort and not being too chilly and not too warm for my taste, then I also like 6-8 degreeīs if it is fresh and at afternoon at autumn, I could also enjoy a real rain storm and heavy wind..but with +8 celsius, such rain and wind in november and reaching down to +1 or zero is probably the worst, since the cold humid air sort of creeps under your skin, with the help of the air, and also being moist, if it goes below to -1 it seems to get more dry and not feeling so bad, even if it is colder...so thatīs a bit weird.

Vacation..well, if you can get away from the cold and you know itīs just for a week or so, itīs all fine...same with the heat I guess, one may find it nice to be in a very warm place for a week if you can escape to a pool or ocean, and if you know that you have to head back to cold sweden at this time of year that is.

Spinland
11-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Those are stunningly beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing!

spherical
11-11-2016, 09:44 PM
I would welcome a bit longer summer, Much shorter winter though it is nice at christmas, but especially I would like a longer autumn, cause when itīs around 6-8 degrees, but sunny and the trees are bright red, orange, yellow and green in a mix, that is gorgeous and with that comes a lower standing golden sun that kisses the leaf, and all around is this sweetness smell coming from various family houses and their fireplace, and we (at least in my community so that is a bit specific locally near me) also got world reknown Annas Pepparkakor (gingerbread) that is mixed with the other fresh smokey air.

This is a wonderfully beautiful picture you have "painted" in my head with your writing. Can almost taste the bread and smell the fires.

O my what a long extended explanation of the living conditions it turned out to be this time, sorry for all that text.

I enjoyed it, as well as the snow shots and earlier descriptions of life there.

meshpig
11-12-2016, 05:59 AM
Maybe I can export some snow to you and some others there, customer services will not take any complaints after 10 hours of travel, if thereīs no snow..you can always stack the water up for use to extinguish the wildfires going on that so often seem to be the case over there.

Foe every litre of snow, not so much water though. My wife insists we do an xmas in NY but I keep telling her snow is for reindeer... :)

prometheus
11-13-2016, 08:01 AM
Mehh..
one week of snow chaos, and today around +1-2 celsius, and throulgh the coming week it is expected to be a plus 3-6 degree celsius til friday, and that is quite warm for november, so by by for the snow I guess until new year I reckon.
Unfortunatly I missed to go to the lake and take some nice photos, I had the chance yesterday while it was -2 degrees, but I was a bit lazy, and today was fathers day and plus degrees.

Michael

cove
11-13-2016, 08:08 AM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Perito_Moreno_Glacier_Patagonia_Argentina_Luca_Gal uzzi_2005.JPG

http://www.neve.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Ushuaia-Passeios-Perito-Moreno-2.jpg

http://blog.kudoybook.com/wp-content/uploads/images/Perito_Moreno_2974.jpg

http://www.lugaresdemipais.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/IMG_EXCURSION_1334578398.jpg

MAUROCOR Loved your stunning images.
I to have been to some remote places around the world. [prefer hot rather than cold destinations].
But did once get to see a glacier up close.
[Adventure holiday from north Pakistan to remote Kashgar in China].
From our lodgings a group of us [Already at 7000 feet] decided to hike a further 10.000 feet up to see the Ultar glacier [Hunza valley north Pakistan].
The glacier was a bit grey looking at that time of year but was more than compensated for with the fun we had getting up there and the fabulous veiws we saw.
Yes you images brought back many memories. Thanks for posting.

Ps. Hope we see some snow this year were i live not seen much for many years.

erikals
11-17-2016, 04:56 PM
hoping for snow. all we have now is rain...!

  :[ 

prometheus
11-18-2016, 09:14 AM
hoping for snow. all we have now is rain...!

  :[ 

Lol... I am looking at the satellite images..and itīs the same here, and I think the same rainfront that went over norway also passing over stockholm now, so probably same same rain, itīs just pouring down all day and expected to pour down all night, possibly even the whole day tomorrow, so what you guys saw from my photos isnīt there anymore, some snow is still left but not much.
Then again, what if this would have been slightly colder and snowing, that would be a heavy doze of snow on top of what came down before.

actually I like this kind of rainy all day weather, though maybe more in the early autumn than in november when itīs usually +1 to plus 2 celsius and cold rain, now itīs around 4+ celsius and pouring down, and very very dark all day..so I am feeling the lack of light and the lack of D-vitamines I guess, so I went to the pharmacy and got me some extra D-vitamine pills, I am a bit sloppy when it comes to eating proper food with such stuff.

Michael

erikals
11-18-2016, 11:08 AM
yeah, pretty much the same here,
and it's gonna last for a week it seems... agh.

so, actually looking forward to a colder front.   :)

http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/aha-soft/jewelry/16/Snowflake-icon.png

c.1
12-16-2016, 09:31 PM

-10 C with 15cm of snow here and still wearing shorts.

erikals
12-16-2016, 09:42 PM
lucky one. would love to have snow here for Christmas. :)

c.1
12-16-2016, 10:23 PM
lucky one. would love to have snow here for Christmas. :)

It is supposed to snow here on Dec24 too, the wife is super happy.

erikals
12-16-2016, 11:04 PM
:)  :)  

prometheus
12-17-2016, 04:21 AM
It is supposed to snow here on Dec24 too, the wife is super happy.

Thatīs a bit more than we got right now, the scenery I posted in the images before doesnīt exist any more, only some pitty centimeter of some frosty snow, partly melted and freezed again...the duck walking is still needed or put on the cleats for walking safely, the roads are slippery.

The skies is dominatly covered in the gloomy cloud lock that so often is persistent here and probably in norway at this time of the year, I just hope for some more snow and some bright sun sparkling in the snow on saturday or sundays to enjoy with that.

So with those gloomy skies and just frost snow on the roads and no good lighting, no photos this time.

The temp right now these days goes from minus 3 to plus 2 celsius with some wind gusts, it becomes very raw and cold in a way that is worse than for instance -10 degreeīs celsius.
As a new employee...I had the priveligue to enjoy the companies christmas dinner at the cityhall basement (same house as the nobel prize and dinner is taking place) but not exactly the same rooms, itīs impossible to stop eating when you should stop.

http://julbordsmaklarna.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/julbord_low.jpg

http://foton.klart.se.s3.amazonaws.com/2/78/274ba795ff1a85b3700bd7362dd5e8a8_720x560.jpg

erikals
12-17-2016, 05:43 AM
Very nice place! Lucky man.   :)

c.1
12-17-2016, 10:18 AM
Wow! That is quite the spread, and the room looks amazing. That just looks like Christmas!

Now if Mattias IA Eklundh (Freak Kitchen is the only Swedish band I am following at the moment) was playing the music, that would be a special Christmas.

prometheus
12-17-2016, 12:25 PM
Wow! That is quite the spread, and the room looks amazing. That just looks like Christmas!

Now if Mattias IA Eklundh (Freak Kitchen is the only Swedish band I am following at the moment) was playing the music, that would be a special Christmas.

He...havenīt even heard of them though I am swedish, but itīs mostly a matter of what kind of music you may like I guess, and not where you or they come from, had to check the band out on the tube, found some cool vids and the music was a bit interesting though it isnīt particular my kind of music...and maybe not something that is traditionally connected to christmas moods, but timeīs are changing.:)

I could eat as much as I wanted, had one bottle of cider..and all that for free, and then some of the guys and me went for a bowling game, so that was fun..and all paid for, so the day didnīt cost me anything except gaining some more weight and some ache in the arms after throwing the balls.

c.1
12-17-2016, 01:18 PM
It might not be 'traditional' but that room seems to cry out for some classical music.

https://youtu.be/nIRRbW-Ce5U

I tend to like music from all genres.

spherical
12-17-2016, 03:47 PM
Pretty nifty basement... :) Difficult not to have a good time in that rich environment. Good for you, Michael!

c.1
12-18-2016, 09:20 PM
Pretty nifty basement... :) Difficult not to have a good time in that rich environment. Good for you, Michael!

That looks like the best employee Christmas dinner thar I have ever seen. "God Jul"

Ernest
12-21-2016, 06:19 AM
Well, Google says that today is the first day of Winter... so... Happy Winter!

prometheus
01-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Back to normal, on new years eve I think we may have had the warmest new year ever, around +9 celsius, and it was raining so I only stood for a few minutes watching the fireworks before I got to wet and went back in.

Then a snow storm went over us and we got snow again..
so in Sweden/stockholm from +9 celsius... we now have minus 13 degree celsius,(havenīt even been out today)so that is a drop off 22 degrees within a few days, and up north in sweden it is minus 41,3 celsius..which is the coldest this year in sweden.

Highest recorded minus temperature in modern times in sweden is minus 52,6 celsius in the year 1966 up north, I was one years old at that time, but canīt recall anything about that..it is also possible we had a lot warmer in stockholm.

I believe the record for a cold habitated area is in Ojmjakon siberia russia...with temperature around minus 71,2 celsius

DavidDixon
01-06-2017, 12:01 AM
Today it is minus 6 celsius and i hope mostly it will be sunny.

CaptainMarlowe
01-06-2017, 01:42 AM
Minus 10 celsius here, this morning. We had snow over the last week, and we should have snow again over the whole next week. My children will try and make some killer mutant deranged monster snow goons this week-end, I suppose.