PDA

View Full Version : News type DVE's and Graphics

nelsonm
02-09-2003, 06:15 PM
Hello,

Does anyone have any news type screens, dve's and graphics?

I would need to use them in a live event using the switcher.

I guess they would have to be switcher overlays and/or DVE's to work with the switcher.

I could use some two person or two head screens, news type lower thirds and some news type animated backgrounds.

SBowie
02-09-2003, 07:09 PM
I think this would likely be your best starting point for this particular inquiry:

http://www.virtualsetworks.com/

dhomas also has some lower third DVE's on his site, I think. If you have the time, the latter (esp.) would also be very easy to create using Aura, LW... :)

nelsonm
02-09-2003, 07:23 PM
I looked at virtualsetworks. They have no news style dve's.

Creating lower thirds is no problem and I'm an old amiga toaster 4000 user and am very familiar with lightwave. I guess i can create my own animated backgrounds, i just wished i did'nt have to at this time.

I'm surprised that after all this time that no one has made a news collection of dve's, overlays and backgrounds.

SBowie
02-09-2003, 08:11 PM
Have you looked at the digital Juice stuff lately?

nelsonm
02-10-2003, 09:09 AM
Hello Bowie,

Thanks for the pointer. Digital juice has some pretty good stuff. Animated backgrounds, overlays, lower thirds and more.

However, two head in and out screens will probably still have to be created as VT2 DVE's. I guess i'll have to buy the full version of LW so i can create what i need.

Anyway... Thanks for the pointer to DJ.

SBowie
02-10-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by nelsonm
However, two head in and out screens will probably still have to be created as VT2 DVE's. I guess i'll have to buy the full version of LW so i can create what i need.

Seems to me Paul had at one time posted some ready-made PIP DVE's for over-the-shoulder news shots. Not sure where they might be found ... Paul?

nelsonm
02-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Hello Bowie,

Sorry I'm not up on graphic lingo - but i'm refering to two side-by-side person screens like news caster in the left box and interviewee in the right box like the news uses for two person debates.

You could refer to it as two live pip streams over a background or under an overlay.

It would be nice to have one animated dve to setup the two person screen, a second static two person dve that would hold and then a third to bring the news caster back full screen.

I don't think the VT2 has or has the ability to utilize a one live stream to a two live pip screen dve with background that can pause half way through then revert back to a single live stream, the news caster, either manually or with auto.

Have i confused you?

SBowie
02-10-2003, 04:49 PM
I don't think the VT2 has or has the ability to utilize a one live stream to a two live pip screen dve with background that can pause half way through then revert back to a single live stream, the news caster, either manually or with auto.

Have i confused you?

Only by calling me "Bowie", Nelson (It's "Steve" ;)

At this time, Toaster DVE's cannot manage to place two video streams in PIPs. You can basically manipulate one stream as much as you like, but the other will be fixed in place, fullscreen.

nelsonm
02-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Ok Steve,

Bummer...

Well since i spent some time creating an example - i'll show it anyway! Oops, the admin has the img tag turned off - so here's the link...

http://www.nados.com/pip4.jpg

http://www.nados.com/pip4.jpg

Is this live multiple pip stream manipulation on the same background doable in VT2 in the near future?

I realize you may not know.

SBowie
02-10-2003, 06:27 PM
Is this live multiple pip stream manipulation on the same background doable in VT2 in the near future?

I realize you may not know.

I may not know, but I'll hazard an educated guess -- it's a significant ways off. There are numerous other important items on the wish list before they start thinking about this, I'm afraid.

I do think that the basis for doing it eventually exists in the overall concept, but I wouldn't want to be standing around holding my breath while I waited ...

nelsonm
02-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Ok,

Thanks for your input.

I guess i'll be satisfied with a half screen wipe.

Faraz
02-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Another Option is to make the interview screen DVE and sized. Then cut a hole for the interview shot, in which you can frame it for that DVE.

Kinda Works,

Gordon
02-14-2003, 11:04 AM
This is also the first, and so far, the only DVE I wanted to create/have only to find out that you couldn't create it. :( Even a push would have helped, (although not looked as professional).