PDA

View Full Version : rotating an object???

mmoita
12-15-2003, 07:14 AM
I need to spin/rotate an object in lw 7 and export a movie. How do i do it?

kenmac
12-15-2003, 07:22 AM
Sorry...

AngelDream
12-15-2003, 07:31 AM
If you're asking for a simple rotation of an object, just press y (not Y, press and release) and your cursor changes to a rotate symbol; drag around the screen and your object will rotate. If you're asking for an animation rotating an object, enter the Graph Editor and define in the rotation channels the movement of your object along the frames. To export a movie enter the second tab of the render panel, and press Save Animation and there choose a filename(not a file) and select the type, then render. What kenmac said is true, get a book or more easy, read the manual.

mmoita
12-15-2003, 07:49 AM
yes i was asking for an animation rotating an object. Thanks for the help AngelDream.

I donīt have the manual so probably i will get a book.
Right now, iīm at the office trying to finish a project and i donīt have time to go to Barnes and Knobles (we donīt have it Portugal anyway).

The next time you try to help someone kenmac, please do it. Even if it is a basic question!

mmoita
12-15-2003, 08:04 AM
itīs ok...

WizCraker
12-15-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by mmoita
yes i was asking for an animation rotating an object. Thanks for the help AngelDream.

I donīt have the manual so probably i will get a book.
Right now, iīm at the office trying to finish a project and i donīt have time to go to Barnes and Knobles (we donīt have it Portugal anyway).

The next time you try to help someone kenmac, please do it. Even if it is a basic question!

No Manual? you could always download the pdf for version 7.5 from Newtek's website. It is searchable so it is a little bit easier than looking through the index of a book.

What happend to your Manual?

AngelDream
12-16-2003, 07:03 AM
mmoita, you're are an original portuguese? humm, sorry if that wasn't the word(portuguese) I'm from Argentina; anything you need, just ask it, dude.

mmoita
12-16-2003, 07:21 AM
yes i am! I live in Lisbon and i work as a graphic/web designer.

I just installed lw a couple of weeks ago... iīm completely new in 3d work!

thanks for the help.