PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Frame/second

id-box
12-15-2003, 07:13 AM
Hi

In LW 7.5C - mac os X.2.6, i have an animation with 25 frame/second and 5 mns duration.
I render in quicktime movie and in after effect the .mov is 30 frames/seconds and 4.05 duration.
I make something wrong or its a bug.

Thanks in advance for your help

id-box

NonPlanar
12-15-2003, 07:33 AM
Just setting 25 fps in lightwave isn't enough in this case.. if you render out to a QT movie, you also to specify that under the compression options for your QT file before rendering... (render panel under output options)

But what might be much better is to render out an image sequence...

The use quicktime pro (very cheap to get pro) or something lke After Effects, to import the image sequence as a movie and you can then specify 25 fps....

There are several advantages to this method... If you crash midway through your render, you don't have to re-render all frames, for example.

id-box
12-15-2003, 07:44 AM
i put also 25 frames/second in the option box. (before my first post :)).
I think its a bug. Someone i have the same problem ?
I go to render img sequence but its not really easy. Its more quicker to render .mov and directly import in AE. I'm on rush time to finish a job and i have a lot of little sequence to render

Thanks

id-box

Glendalough
12-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Rendering an image sequence is really the best way to go.

1. Just click save RGB, name a new folder, or just untitled1, etc.

2. Make sure to use targa format (tga)

This is all in render options panal, output......

3. Just drag folder into AE and it will set itself up as image sequence.......

You can check all this even as Lightwave is rendering.....its really faster and more efficient than using mov. files.............

Hope this helps and not annoys.

Beamtracer
12-15-2003, 12:08 PM
I would seriously recommend you disregard all the advice above.

In After Effects, select your 25fps movie in the project window (top left of screen).

Then hit Command F, otherwise known as Apple F.

I dialogue box appears where you can set the frame rate of the movie. After Effects will interpret the movie at the frame rate you set here.

If you're running a 25fps movie in a 30fps composition, I'd also recommend switching on Frame Blending.

id-box
12-16-2003, 01:25 AM
Hi

I the begining of my project, i set my project and my composition to 25 frames/second. After effect import .mov at 30 frames/second :( I really think its bug of LW. isnt it ?
LW and AE are set to 25frames. When i import .mov : 30 frames/second - Really strange
I use LW 7.5C and AE6 on Mac os X.2.6

id-box

byronpetch
12-16-2003, 03:02 AM
I have had this problem before and after much experimenting I found that in Lightwave if I set the frame rate to 25 before I started to animate anything all was fine. If I created just one keyframed animation then changed the frame rate from 30 to 25 the footage would import into QT, after effects and other editors at 30fps. It seems crazy and I still cant work it out. It also resulted in slightly unsmooth animation(slight slowdown & speed up)

Beamtracer is correct you can interpret your footage as 25fps in AFX but not sure it solves all problems