PDA

View Full Version : how to use genome with motion mixer

nnasr.rm
11-02-2016, 06:10 AM
hi,
how do i use a genoma rig (which has 1000s of nulls and bones) with motion mixer.
how do i select it and add is an actor??
and save the motion?

cyborg_ty
12-04-2016, 07:13 PM
hi,
how do i use a genoma rig (which has 1000s of nulls and bones) with motion mixer.
and save the motion?

I would like to know this as well. I'm working on a project for which this could save me a lot of time. I'm having trouble figuring out what needs to be in the actor definition. I tried with the Genoma Unity Rig (since its a lighter rig) and I'm still missing something.

I am having problems where IK sometimes works (on genoma or my attempts at custom rig). This has become frustrating. I even went back to trying IKBooster, figuring it should work with motion mixer. But I find myself cringing at how different the workflow is (with the bake spots, etc.)...

Did you figure this out how to get a Genoma rig working well with Motion Mixer?? Any information would help..

Ryan Roye
12-04-2016, 07:45 PM
hi,
and save the motion?

if using the genoma1 rig, motion mixer should work with it. Select the master null, add the actor, Then you'll need to manually go through all the relevant controllers and add items to that actor. At this point, you'll be able to create and manipulate motions.

For Genoma2 rigs however, motion mixer can't really be used for them because it relies on expressions to function, and expressions can't meaningfully be used with motion modifiers.

cyborg_ty
12-05-2016, 10:36 PM
After reading Ryans response, I looked at using the Genoma 1 rig, but decided to focus on IKBooster with motion mixer. The last time I worked with these, I just started learning Lightwave (but I wasn't new to animation). But this time, these tools really seems to work well and provide what I need! I guess the combination of viewing IKBooster videos that Ryan created (thanks Ryan; viewed the free and fee-based) and reading one or two Lightwave books has helped removed the confusion/frustration that I previously experienced. When I consider how much faster I will complete my current project, I am not bothered by the difference between this tool (i.e. bake spots, etc) and traditional animation workflow.