PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Bias

newtekmonkey
12-15-2003, 05:42 AM
This News article:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=109563#post109563

Contains this text:

NewTek: What platform do you run LightWave on?

Meni: We run LightWave on both PC and Mac platforms. What's actually pretty funny is that I started using LightWave on Amiga but slowly moved over to PC and now slowly Iím moving over to Mac.

NewTek: Tell me a little about your system configurations on your PC.

So tell me, why is it that only enquiries about his PC system are made? As a mac user, despite the fact that he clearly says that he seems to be moving over to the Mac, why are Mac Users not caterred for in this artice? Why is he using the Mac, what differences has he found if any?

I understand this is not a Newtek issue, but if you're gonna make software for different platforms try to show some thought for rest of us.:mad: :confused: :mad:

Chuck
12-15-2003, 08:08 AM
That particular interview was conducted live on tape, with limited time, and the interviewer "winging it". Apologies that our interviewer missed following up on the Mac configs as well. We'll see if we can chat further with Meni to add that follow-up, including what advantages he sees to the Mac. We have a series of such interviews from visual effects artists in LA that we will be releasing over the next few weeks, and these include many of the recent Emmy winners.

Jockomo
12-15-2003, 01:32 PM
NewTek: Tell me a little about your system configurations on your Mac.

Meni: well theres the configuration that the system comes in... and then theres the configuration that the system comes in.

newtekmonkey
12-16-2003, 05:30 AM
I would just like to take the oppurtunity to apologise to anyone that I may have caused offence to. I like this site and don't want to be know as the ***hole user

ted
12-16-2003, 09:58 AM
Don't worry, just like some people are diehard Ford or Chevy people while both get you where you're going.
As long as you can get your work done, feel free to use whatever platform you wish.
The difference between the platforms has narrowed depending on what applications you use.

I read recently, (I forget the company), but a major render house recently went to PC.
While they were VERY prejudiced towards the MAC, due to an emergency, they brought in some PC's. Once they used the dual PC's, they changed out all their computers and now use mostly PC's.

I'm formerly a MAC user, but I've merged to PC, only because my last 2 edit systems were PC.
Now I don't care what platform it is. As long as I can get my work done.

mattclary
12-17-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Jockomo
NewTek: Tell me a little about your system configurations on your Mac.

Meni: well theres the configuration that the system comes in... and then theres the configuration that the system comes in.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!! Not a question worth wasting time on, since they are all the same.

newtekmonkey
12-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by mattclary
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!! Not a question worth wasting time on, since they are all the same.

This wasn't in the interview I read else I (like you say) wouldn't have bothered asking the question.

Is there another location for this article that has more info in it..?

My issue has nothing to do with Mac or PC. I work on PCs for web development. I design on a mac as I prefer the OS, but I was just a little annoyed at the representation.