PDA

View Full Version : Blurred Renders (Tedit newbie)

leoSW
12-15-2003, 04:20 AM
I have done a number of composites in digital fusion, based on clips rendered out from Tedit. Imported them back in the edit then rendered the whole thing out for delivery.

Then I saw that the final render fromTedit was blurrier than the original clips. So I did a test with generations: After each rerender of a clip, Toaster blurs vertically and lower color intensity..!
Could it be a leagal color setting that I have missed?
Is it not supposed to be uncompressed?

Tia,

Leo

RomainR
12-15-2003, 07:50 AM
Are you rendering out to RTV format or DV?

leoSW
12-15-2003, 08:40 AM
I used rtv d1 uncompressed, progressive PAL.
Forgot to mention that I am using videotoaster 2

Leo

RomainR
12-15-2003, 11:46 AM
It's not supposed to do that with RTV. Did you test out different settings in Fusion?

leoSW
12-16-2003, 09:20 AM
The clips from df si sharp and nice, it is when i render out rtvs from videotoaster i get quality qenerations.
IŽll check with the reseller and see what he says about it, I hope it is just me pressing the wrong buttons.

cholo
12-16-2003, 02:48 PM
If your footage is already progressive do not render out as progressive because that'll make the toaster deinterlace the footage which blurs the footage when fields blend. If your material is already progressive just render out as interlaced and it'll remain crisp. As far as transitions and dve's goes, you can selectively apply deinterlace filters on top of those and remain progressive. :) hope it helps.

RomainR
12-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the info Cholo.

leoSW
12-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Thanks alot Cholo!
Leo