PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime and LW. 11.6

jaxtone
10-29-2016, 12:31 AM
Hi!

Are there any chances and old man can get lucky a day like this?

Is there a plugin, script or feature for viewing film shots saved as Quicktime movies or in Mpeg4 H.264 ISO standardized format?

meshpig
10-29-2016, 03:19 AM
I think you just need to install Quicktime 7.

gerry_g
10-29-2016, 03:57 AM
Yes QT 7 download from Apple, also sorts out legacy video you may encounter posted on line, another solution is Handbreak which is a converter and outputs H264 and MPG4 & 2 and is free

http://www.wondershare.net/ad/video-converter-ultimate/index_both.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwkdHABRCHiZ2gs6yGh50B EiQAA91WlhjUumEIIsJFsF8x_OKpt-tsgKb2kIt9y9JlAVoMKvUaAuLx8P8HAQ

Also a neat little drag and drop converter is Miro which outputs mpg4, this can output apple or android formats and is free

http://www.getmiro.org

And a player that plays only and has no save function is VLC which is also free

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.en_GB.html

Ma3rk
10-29-2016, 09:12 AM
Hi!

Are there any chances and old man can get lucky a day like this?

Is there a plugin, script or feature for viewing film shots saved as Quicktime movies or in Mpeg4 H.264 ISO standardized format?

Take a look at the VLC player. It's free.

http://www.videolan.org/

jaxtone
10-30-2016, 01:28 AM
Oh sorry!

I meant if there were a plugin, script or feature for viewing film shots in LIGHTWAVE 11.6. Preferably "Quicktime" or as "Mpeg4 H.264 ISO standardized format"?

Today I only get a window that explains that it isn't possible!

meshpig
10-30-2016, 03:04 AM
QT7... all the codecs will appear in LW. Make sure QTTools is also installed.

jaxtone
10-30-2016, 11:03 PM
Thanks a lot for that information!

This is now I am lucky to once have bought a QT Pro license.

jaxtone
11-05-2016, 12:26 AM
Hi!

I have installed Quicktime but it still doesn't work. Maybe I am stupid but what about the QTTools? Doesn't find them anywhere! Are they something I download on top of Quicktime from Apple or something I download from Newtek?

Are they supposed to pop up if I install with manual support or do they pop up during the installation process?

I haven't seen anything like it and don't know what to do.

This is what shows up when trying to load a standard mov file with a compression I guess is H.264!

Thomas Leitner
11-05-2016, 02:06 AM
....I have installed Quicktime but it still doesn't work....

I guess you use the 64-bit Windows version of Lightwave.
Apple has never provided a 64-bit version of Quicktime for Windows systems!
You only can use Quicktime movies in the 32-bit version of Lightwave.

In LW 2015 Newtek implemented a QT32_Server that let you use Quicktime in the 64-bit Windows version, too.

ciao
Thomas

meshpig
11-05-2016, 03:38 AM
Sorry, thought you were on OS X. QTTools is in the input-output section of the plugins folder.

QT7 looks like this on mac 64.

jaxtone
11-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Thanks Thomas!

Oh chucks! That was a pity to hear. I guess the update to LW 2015 isnīt the most important investment on my agenda now... too bad! It takes a lifetime use the old day method with tga sequenses!

One thing about updates, LW and support v.s. foreigners like me!

I updated to LW 11.6 and felt very pleased when my 64 bit system worked perfectly well with LW. But as always I am not the most technical user. In other words I am not interested in the old day white paper routines where the system analytics and programmers have an advantage over guys like me that just wanna tell a story. Maybe I expected more than Lightwave was ready for but after trying to make things like Nevron to work ok and being treated like an unwanted idiot by the guy who was Lightwaves official educator, technician and support then I gave up and never more opened that module. I donīt know what that kind of tiresome behavior causes other users by not follow up and guide the customer so he/she at least can get started. But in my case future updates will definitely not be the first things I prioritize when it comes to invest in Lightwave as long they cannot guarantee that the crew members are polite and respectful when giving advices.

Lucky enough this forum nowadays and for at least the latest past 6 years have made a change from the early days when forum members could be a little bullying against newcomers as well. I really appreciate all of you and are pleased to have alternatives when some of the specialized official crew members does everything to make you suck :)

I guess you use the 64-bit Windows version of Lightwave.
Apple has never provided a 64-bit version of Quicktime for Windows systems!
You only can use Quicktime movies in the 32-bit version of Lightwave.

In LW 2015 Newtek implemented a QT32_Server that let you use Quicktime in the 64-bit Windows version, too.

ciao
Thomas