PDA

View Full Version : Titles? I need some advice.

ingeborgdot
10-28-2016, 01:11 PM
I'm reading, watching video and trying my best but I'm having some difficulty with some of this. In GFX 1 or 2 I can't seem to find the titles to use. Well I do find them but I have to go in every time I want something and waste time doing it. What am I missing? Is there a video or something that shows the process how to get titles and not have to add media all the time. It has to be that I am doing something wrong as I don't think they would make the titles a hard to use thing.

kanep
10-28-2016, 01:45 PM
It would help to know what version of TriCaster you are running and what your workflow is. It is that you have a bunch of titles that you need each time that are the same?

If you aren't wanting to update the titles in the TriCaster itself, the you are looking at an external solution like LiveText (or 3rd party tool).

If you are running Advanced Edition, I have some free tools that allow you to update titles from a web browser on another computer.

ingeborgdot
10-28-2016, 02:09 PM
It is a mini with AE 2. All I am wanting is just the same simple lower third titles and some of the graphics for multiple names etc. like the Standard Edition had.
What I need is titles (lower thirds) for news broadcasts, for some simple lower thirds during athletic events and the graphics with titles (whatever the name is for them) for listing players. I want it all to be able to be done in the mini. I don't always have enough help to use another computer. I don't know how else to explain it. I have found (lower third titles) and used them but it is such a chore to go and get them. I do the add media location but when I go back to it they are not there and I have to do the process all over again. Some of the selected choices in the titles are png. graphics which can't does not give me the option to edit text.
I don't know any other way to explain what I need and what is going on. I'm not a TriCaster expert for sure.

kanep
10-28-2016, 02:35 PM
When you open the Media Browser tool all of the titles should be there like you found in Standard Edition, it should work pretty much exactly the same. Did you install the Content update when you did the AE2 upgrade?

ingeborgdot
10-28-2016, 02:38 PM
I may not have. I had better go check.

kanep
10-28-2016, 05:18 PM
Install it (its not going to hurt if you do it again) and see if that helps.

ingeborgdot
10-29-2016, 07:07 AM
Well, I installed it and it didn't do any good. I can get to the titles but it is not the same way that it used to be. I have to go to add media location but it never stays. I can see all the content in the drive when I go to Tricaster, media etc. but when I hit the + sign below the GFX and try to find titles it just isn't there.

SBowie
10-29-2016, 11:09 AM
This is not normal. Can you post a screengrab showing the open Media Browser?

ingeborgdot
10-29-2016, 12:05 PM
I'll grab one. You said that you should be able to get the titles the same way as with the SD edition, correct?

kanep
10-29-2016, 12:32 PM
When you open the Media Browser, on the left side you should see a 'Title' category with all of the default NewTek titles listed. I a screenshot or short video might help just so we can exactly see what you are seeing.

ingeborgdot
10-29-2016, 12:33 PM

I don't know if this is what you wanted me to get for you but I just took shots of my steps to get in.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try to get a video of what I do. That may be best.

kanep
10-29-2016, 12:38 PM
In the first picture, I see you that you are at the bottom of the list of locations. What other locations do you see if you scroll up?

ingeborgdot
10-29-2016, 12:45 PM
Here is a url
https://youtu.be/0BY-y11FHWk

kanep
10-29-2016, 01:53 PM
I'd restore and perform the AE update again. The Titles should appear in that list on the left side list of that window. I don't why it's not there, but it should appear like it would in Standard Edition. I can only think that something got corrupted and a restore and update will set it back correctly.

ingeborgdot
10-30-2016, 12:16 PM
Well, I went through the lengthy process but it is still the same. I better talk to someone and see what needs to be done. Why does everything always happen to me? I'm not stupid. I build computers. I work with technology but I just sometimes feel so very stupid and unlucky.

SBowie
10-31-2016, 08:12 AM
Turns out this is actually a bug. QA was able to replicate it following another report on Saturday. If things follow the normal pattern, an update will probably fix it within a day or two.

ingeborgdot
10-31-2016, 08:51 AM
Okay, so I'm not just stupid. :)

SBowie
10-31-2016, 08:51 AM
Computers are stupid, not people.

ingeborgdot
10-31-2016, 08:53 AM
So you are thinking that a fix might be in order this week? Does everyone have this bug or just a select few?

SBowie
10-31-2016, 08:58 AM
I'm not clear on the details. It seems to be present in the last build, and possibly at least one before that. Why it has not been more widely reported is unknown. Easy fixes typically appear very quickly. I'd be surprised if it wan't released before the end of the week, if even that long.

kanep
10-31-2016, 12:38 PM
I just installed the latest build today (4-0-161023) and what do you know, no titles!

Well, I'm glad to know that I'm not going crazy as well.

ingeborgdot
11-02-2016, 09:37 AM
Can you tell me if this is an issue with anyone else. When I close out of a session it switches my primary monitor so all my stuff goes to the smaller monitor until I go into another session. Does that make sense?

mbryson76
11-07-2016, 06:49 PM
I also couldn't find the titles today and thought I was going crazy.