PDA

View Full Version : iOS Camera & zoom problem

AlanZ
10-26-2016, 10:54 AM
any news about when the iOS version will be available?

AlanZ
10-26-2016, 01:28 PM
I just downloaded it onto an iPad 4 and an iPhone 6.

I crashed it in the first few seconds on the iPad by simply attempting to pinch to zoom. Easily repeatable. The Zoom slider is also not working on the ipad.

It seems to be working very well on the iPhone 6, both in standard and HD mode... looks good!

SBowie
10-26-2016, 01:59 PM
I crashed it in the first few seconds on the iPad by simply attempting to pinch to zoom.I have a Mini 4 and am not seeing that - not sure how to account for it; maybe try reinstalling?

AlanZ
10-26-2016, 02:48 PM
I tried reinstalling and doing a hard reboot on the iPad 4, same results.
So far, no problem on an iPad Mini 2, or iPhone 6

AlanZ
10-26-2016, 03:53 PM
I also replaced iOS 10.0.2 with 10.1, no change.

By the way, then pinching to zoom on the iPad 4, it immediately returns me to the iOS home screen, but the NDI app doesn't actually close... I can return to it without relaunching the app.

SBowie
10-27-2016, 09:12 AM
I also replaced iOS 10.0.2 with 10.1, no change.We'll try and replicate this here using an iPad4, thanks for the added info.

SBowie
10-27-2016, 12:15 PM
Engineering may have replicated your issue, and it does not actually seem to be device specific. It's somewhat obscure, but there's reason to hope it can be resolved given a little time.

[Edit: I have separated the Android and iOS related posts into two threads to avoid confusion.]

SBowie
10-28-2016, 03:49 PM
This zoom problem is reported as fixed, and the new build should be available soon, if not already.

kanep
10-28-2016, 05:27 PM
New build is up on the Apple Store and no longer crashes when I try to zoom on my iPad (but zooming is also disabled on my iPad, which might be a limitation of the camera on that model).

Everything works my iPhone 6S.

AlanZ
10-28-2016, 08:52 PM
Kane,

I applied the update.

As you mentioned, Zooming on the new build now doesn't crash my iPad 4, but it doesn't zoom either (neither pinch to zoom, nor using the slider)

I can't imagine that it is a device restriction, as other camera based apps zoom properly on this device. (E.g., the iOS Camera app)

So for me, it is only half way fixed. I do appreciate how quickly your team got a new build out there, but it still needs work.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, with the same results.

AlanZ
10-28-2016, 09:09 PM
I did a quick test, and it turns out the the NDICam app also does not zoom on the iPad 4... so either there is a device restriction, or there is something that apps like Camera and Camera-Lucida knows how to do that is being overlooked or conflicts with the way NDI apps are accessing the camera.

AlanZ
10-28-2016, 09:16 PM
In any event, zooming on a iPad 4 is not a priority for me, as I generally use an iPhone 6 or and iPad Mini 2 as a camera.
Now that the crash has been fixed, using the iPad 4 as a backup device is doable.

kanep
10-28-2016, 11:13 PM
I think it is a limitation of the iPad camera. Use the Apple camera app, put it in video mode and you can't zoom it either. (At least it doesn't on my iPad 3)

AlanZ
10-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Very good point about video vs still photo mode. That does explain the difference in the zoom behavior. Thanks.