PDA

View Full Version : Android camera connection problem

zenvideo.co.uk
10-27-2016, 03:01 AM
I bought the Android app last night but am having no luck seeing the Camera app's NDI Sender ID from any NDI receiver on my PC networks. I have tried it on two different networks, at home and at the office, both of which are regularly used for NDI tests and have lots of NDI apps to choose from. The phone is a Samsung S4 Mini, running Android 4.4.2. I can ping the phone from a PC so I know there's a basic IP connection, but am not really familiar with how I might troubleshoot further.

SBowie
10-27-2016, 09:15 AM
Not sure what's up with that, we've never really seen a connection failure on any of the numerous networks or devices we've tested. The sending device adds a new entry to the video source drop-down in receiving software. If you haven't already done so, maybe give it a try using the NDI Monitor app ...

I bought the Android app last night but am having no luck seeing the Camera app's NDI Sender ID from any NDI receiver on my PC networks. I have tried it on two different networks, at home and at the office, both of which are regularly used for NDI tests and have lots of NDI apps to choose from. The phone is a Samsung S4 Mini, running Android 4.4.2. I can ping the phone from a PC so I know there's a basic IP connection, but am not really familiar with how I might troubleshoot further.

zenvideo.co.uk
10-27-2016, 10:03 AM
The sending device adds a new entry to the video source drop-down in receiving software. If you haven't already done so, maybe give it a try using the NDI Monitor app ...
I'm pretty familiar with many of the inner workings of NDI (illustrated at http://www.zenvideo.co.uk/ndi.htm) so I've not only tried the NDI Monitor but all the other NDI apps at my disposal, all of which connect together perfectly. Which is why I'm puzzled and posting here...

mtregael
10-27-2016, 11:32 PM
Hi,

Same problem for me on Nexus 5.
The app launch, i have video on the phone screen but VMix and NDI Monitor does not receive signal.

Regards,
GaŽl

SBowie
10-28-2016, 07:26 AM
fyi - I split this discussion off into a separate thread from the original one, just to avoid overlappping discussions of iOS and Android platforms.

zenvideo.co.uk
11-09-2016, 11:14 AM
I think I've exhausted the possibilities of getting this initial version of the Camera app to work on my phone. Rather than use a router, I've tried setting up a hosted wi-fi network on my development PC using a USB wi-fi dongle, to no avail, and yesterday I went to the KitPlus show in Manchester where there was a collection of NewTek kit running NDI. Mat Recardo from CVP had the app running on his phone and he kindly helped me connect to the same network, but mine was not being detected by the Tricaster, so I think that's a pretty definitive test (and time to stop for now). But I remain in hope.... :)

gorbva
12-27-2016, 09:13 PM
I have the same ****. NDI monitor doesn't know my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. I have install it on Galaxy J1 and now it in drop down list of NDI devices. But when i select J1 as a source, monitor trying to "connecting" endlessly.
Very lame soft. Not well tested.