PDA

View Full Version : Space Engine

sellis
10-27-2016, 05:01 PM
I know how much you Lightwave users like space..... Space Engine is cool!
http://en.spaceengine.org/

Photogram
10-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Wow super cool! Thanks sellis :)

prometheus
10-28-2016, 08:37 AM
cool, will have to take a look and see how nice it is and how smooth the sim goes, I have a non full version of an older universe sandbox.

kyuzo
10-28-2016, 09:40 AM
So is it basically like Elite:Dangerous without the trading and shooting...?

:)

elderlundgren
10-28-2016, 11:45 AM
I remember growing up we had a game called Halley's comet on my dad's old Amiga computer that was kinda like this, you could explore the solar system, land on the different moons of the planets. It was so fun. Its how I learned the names of some of the moons of the planets. This looks really neat, been looking for something like this.

prometheus
10-28-2016, 12:01 PM
I remember growing up we had a game called Halley's comet on my dad's old Amiga computer that was kinda like this, you could explore the solar system, land on the different moons of the planets. It was so fun. Its how I learned the names of some of the moons of the planets. This looks really neat, been looking for something like this.

Hmm..I seem to recall something like that myself, was there a sort of mission impossible or top secret cover book on that?

elderlundgren
10-28-2016, 02:31 PM
Hmm..I seem to recall something like that myself, was there a sort of mission impossible or top secret cover book on that?

I did a little bit of digging. It was called The Halley Project, and it did have missions. You would launch from Halley's Comet and go find stuff in the solar system. And there were ranks you could earn by completing the missions. The only one I remember was having to figure out which of Saturn's moons had an atmosphere. There was no internet back then to look it up so I ended up going to like all the moons, until I finally found Titan lol. Wow that brought back some memories. Those were the days...:) I was like 6 years old.