PDA

View Full Version : I saw Doc. Strange last night, it is awesome.

ianr
10-26-2016, 09:43 AM
I saw Doc. Strange last night, it is awesome.

I have waited for many a year to see this Marvel story hit the big screen and I always wondered

would they do it justice? May I say that Helmer Scott.D has made just as good a fist of it as Mr.

Del Toro did with Hellboy 1, it is sumptuous to eye, a tilt to dry humour and full of multiverses.

Mr.Courbold (VFX on Inception) has created great fractal geared boxes of origami architectures

whirling at you, and in other multiverses swathes of lovely fluro shaders, the textures that first saw

the light of day in Guardians of the Galaxy of the Marvel sagas.

Good updated performances by all, Chiwetel plays the level-headed ‘herald’ now as a black Mordo,

Tilda now plays ‘the Old-One’ as pansexual sans moustache. Here ‘Sherlock’ buckles up his glyphs

& sigils to spring forth as the 21st cent Astral Errol Flynn.

Verdict: Summpt-chew-uus Baaloanekneey See it….:rock:

Rayek
10-27-2016, 01:05 AM
Thanks, I was anxious about whether they would do Strange justice - it is one of my favourite characters. When I saw the actor choice for Dr. Strange I got excited - perfect fit.

Definitely going to see it next week!

bobakabob
10-27-2016, 03:54 AM
Glad to hear it, they certainly got the casting right. Apparently the VFX draws inspiration from Ditko's original designs. Hope he gets a credit?

ianr
10-27-2016, 05:42 AM
Glad to hear it, they certainly got the casting right. Apparently the VFX draws inspiration from Ditko's original designs. Hope he gets a credit?

Yes much, it is without a doubt a homage visually, Scott.D wrote the screenplay as well as directing.

Art direction & Continuity are up there with Inception & Guardians for sure.!

Spoiler Alert : Spoiler Alert : Stan Lee is actually stranded in a downtown Bus in the middle of a

M.C. Escher fractal-world grinder fight sequence, giggling reading the 'The doors of Perception' by

Aldous Huxley. Now ain't that cute? Spoiler Alert : Spoiler Alert : END of NO more of these!

STOP-PRESS:
Rotten Tomatoes(Website) have given it a Conservative 98%(Ha!) after being Twitter-pumelled

to the tune of 10,000 complaints on their low scoring of Suicide Squad, what Turncoats & Chumps.Eh!

It would do them good to sweep a studio floor for 6 months, so they humbly see ALL the hard work

that goes into the Kinematic process, dream on 'Matoes your Credulity Meter is out of order.:stumped::stumped:

CUT TO:
Now I am now going back for the 3d version of this with my own wrap tick sheet as to what I think

they have put into full Stereo, we will see how much of that edit I get Right?

ianr
11-08-2016, 07:29 AM
Top Weekend BoxOffice in U.S. $ 85 Mill

Globally, the film is a monster, having earned $345 million since it began rolling out overseas last week.
That includes a $44.3 million debut in China, with Korea ($30.4 million), the United Kingdom ($18.9 million),
and Russia ($15.4 million) among the top-performing territories.

So dudes.... did you artistically like it?

Schwyhart
11-10-2016, 12:54 PM
This movie was awesome!

Zerowaitstate
11-15-2016, 01:07 AM
Ditto, i really enjoyed it

Spinland
11-15-2016, 03:43 AM
Agreed: three thumbs up from Spinland. I know almost nothing about the actual character, never having been into "comic books" (I know, graphic novels, but what are the ones that aren't novel length?) or as the college courses teach it, serial art. I went in with no preconceptions or expectations other than between Marvel's track record and Cumberbatch's genius I should have a good time. I did. Looking forward to more. :thumbsup:

daforum
11-15-2016, 06:32 AM
Thumbs up from me too :thumbsup: <see!

Enjoyed meeting and getting to know the character when watching the film as i had only seen 1 issue of a comic with him in it and wasn't really paying attention to him back then.

Benedict Cumberbatch was good and the VFX looked stunning ( "HANDS"!! )

Wouldn't mind seeing it again...

ianr
11-15-2016, 08:05 AM
Doc.Strange in DaliWorld

" By the allseeing eye, this Mutiverse is hot,
'struth it's dripping watches.?"