PDA

View Full Version : Gtx 1080

Niko3D
10-25-2016, 06:07 AM
Hi all,

I have a question about the GTX 1080.
I have this card in my new machine...are there "special" best setting to put for run better in LW or I have to keep the default?
Before I had Nvidia K4000 and inside Nvidia panel (Manage 3D setting) with "Visual Simulation" was the best setting with LW, but now that list is disappear and I can't choose anything.
And also I don't know in Adjust Image setting what is better to use...if...Let the 3D application decide - Use the advanced 3D images setting - Use my preference emphasising

Can you help me?
Do you have any idea?

Thanks
Nico

S0nny
10-25-2016, 08:32 AM
There are some Quadro specific drivers features, and you can't use Quadro drivers on any non-Quadro video cards: some optimizations in manage 3d settings are not available for GTX. Some of them can increase the Layour opengl performance by a lot, but only with QUadros.
Also, if I'm not wrong it's not possible to use two set of drivers like the GTX and Quadro in the same computer, you have to choose the one who drives the display: you can use the two for rendering, but only with one set of drivers.

In image settings you can use Let the app decide etc, which doesn't change much in Lw. Maybe something in modeler with heavy geometry and textures, but Modeler is slow anyway.

VonBon
10-25-2016, 11:29 AM
You can override the Anti Aliasing settings and put them on the highest level.

Niko3D
10-26-2016, 04:50 AM
There are some Quadro specific drivers features, and you can't use Quadro drivers on any non-Quadro video cards: some optimizations in manage 3d settings are not available for GTX. Some of them can increase the Layour opengl performance by a lot, but only with QUadros.
Also, if I'm not wrong it's not possible to use two set of drivers like the GTX and Quadro in the same computer, you have to choose the one who drives the display: you can use the two for rendering, but only with one set of drivers.

In image settings you can use Let the app decide etc, which doesn't change much in Lw. Maybe something in modeler with heavy geometry and textures, but Modeler is slow anyway.

Hi,

Yes I understand...but I'm not working with Octane, only native engine!;)
In any case I'll try to put the card on "Let the app decide"...

Thank you
;)

- - - Updated - - -

You can override the Anti Aliasing settings and put them on the highest level.

mmmm...and How can I do that?

js33
10-26-2016, 12:10 PM
You can adjust most settings through the nVidia control panel. A 1080 won't make any difference with LW native engine and will only speed up the opengl display. Where the GPU shines is using Octane in LW. Some apps, like Maya and C4D, use the GPU to accelerate simulation computations. Even a 970 will be 10 times faster than a quad core CPU which is very sweet. Maybe LW will eventually start to use the GPU for some things other than the OGL display.

VonBon
10-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Go to the Nvidia Control Panel and it should be under 3D settings.
Then go to Manage 3D settings and select the Program settings Tab
and add the Exe file for Modeler or Layout.

On my machine, sometimes the names show up saying something else once added,
still works though.

Niko3D
10-27-2016, 07:36 AM
You can adjust most settings through the nVidia control panel. A 1080 won't make any difference with LW native engine and will only speed up the opengl display. Where the GPU shines is using Octane in LW. Some apps, like Maya and C4D, use the GPU to accelerate simulation computations. Even a 970 will be 10 times faster than a quad core CPU which is very sweet. Maybe LW will eventually start to use the GPU for some things other than the OGL display.

yes, thank you. Yes I know it works only for the OpenGL...;)...
But I wanted to know only if there were any "special" setting...

Thank you

Niko3D
10-27-2016, 07:39 AM
Go to the Nvidia Control Panel and it should be under 3D settings.
Then go to Manage 3D settings and select the Program settings Tab
and add the Exe file for Modeler or Layout.

On my machine, sometimes the names show up saying something else once added,
still works though.

mmm...yes I saw, if you add Layout.exe I have as name SketchUP...ahahhah...
Now I'm trying to add HUB.exe...becasue I want to see if it is more faster to updating between Layout and Modeler...