View Full Version : "UVW" mapping?

10-23-2016, 11:48 PM
I'm familiar with the concept of UV mapping, but now I see "UVW" mapping. What the extra letter doing?

10-23-2016, 11:56 PM
'W' is typically a mathematical number.. but in this case, that is mostly used for procedural maps. 'w' is the same as the 'z' axis. You normally have UV, which are the same as XY. So XYZ -> UVW.. a bit simplified :)

10-25-2016, 11:24 AM
Simplified would have been to just use "xyz texture coordinates".
Smart people always want to over complicate stuff so people like
me have to ask them questions.