PDA

View Full Version : After AE upgrade, I am missing network video

tthomassen
10-22-2016, 01:32 AM
Hello! I have ran in to a little bump.

Ever since upgrading to AE, I am missing the NET 1 and NET 2 sources in the TC8000.

I frequently receive RTMP streams and network video. How would you guys go about receiving these signals now?

kanep
10-22-2016, 08:11 AM
I"m assuming you have upgraded to AE2? You might want to read thru this.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?150145-AE-2-(4-0)-Things-you-need-to-know

With AE2, all inputs support 'NET' style inputs, however they do not support all of the different formats that the old NET inputs could. In AE2 they all support NDI. If you want to bring in older formats (HTTP, RTMP, RTSP), you can use another computer running NewTek Connect Pro or the free VLC Player with the NDI plug-in. Either of these tools will take a web feed and convert it into NDI.

If you absolutely need the NET inputs back for your workflow, you can install AE1 on top of AE2 which will get you the older style NET inputs (but not of any of the AE2 new features).

frank.leggett
11-17-2016, 03:05 AM
I to have run into this problem. I recently upgraded and bought a mini and also Advanced Edition for it inscreased ISO Recorders but have found I have lost the Network inputs. I upgraded because I do jobs where the camera input is a network camera and I up till now I had to set my laptop up running VLC to connect to the stream then take a HDMI out to a SDI convertor to get it into the my Tricaster 450. I thought that buying a mini and upgrading to ADV would make this process a lot easier with the Tricaster being able to ingest the IP Camera directly. Wrong with NDI the Tricaster no longer supports traditional IP Streams so I have downgraded to ADV 1. If possible Newtek should bring back the ability to ingest HTTP, RTMP and RTSP streams alongside NDI.

Frank

kanep
11-17-2016, 02:49 PM
I understand that we never like to see functions go away. Those other formats (HTTP, RTMP, RTSP) use a lot of processing power which means that you can't scale them up like you can with NDI to give you more inputs. This how AE2 supports more inputs but for IP the format must be NDI. AE1 is still available because we know that some clients need the older style workflow. I don't know what will happen, but I would plan on this being how it will continue to work in the future. You can continue work with those other IP formats by using another system to convert them into NDI using VLC Player or NewTek Connect Pro. I understand this requires another system which is more gear, but it also does allow you to work with more devices since the heavy IP processing load is being handled by another system.

frank.leggett
11-28-2016, 05:31 PM
Hi,

I have decided at present to go with the AE1 install and to link in with the IP cameras and IVGA computers that the client has on site at present. I have upgraded my Livetext to version 3 but not ticked the NDI so it is compatible with airplay.

Frank

kanep
11-28-2016, 07:59 PM
Hi,

I have decided at present to go with the AE1 install and to link in with the IP cameras and IVGA computers that the client has on site at present. I have upgraded my Livetext to version 3 but not ticked the NDI so it is compatible with airplay.

Frank

The latest versions of AE1 do support NDI for the two NET inputs, you could use LiveText 3 with the NDI option and get the improved performance.

frank.leggett
11-30-2016, 04:26 AM
Thank you Kane, I was unaware of the NDI support. I won't upgrade LiveText to NDI as I use it with a Tircaster 450 as well but it does mean that I can use the new NDI camera app for one of the 2 Network inputs.

Frank

kanep
11-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Yes, the two NET inputs will take in any NDI source, including the NDI Camera app for iOS or Android. Also the one NETWORK output on AE1 is also NDI so you can use that with applications like NDI Telestrator or NDI Transmit.