PDA

View Full Version : MeniThings switching to Mac

Beamtracer
12-14-2003, 11:22 PM
I mentioned this on the community forum, but thought it was worth mentioning here.

The most famous Lightwave artist of all, Aristomenis "MeniThings" Tsirbas, after many years of using Windows machines is now migrating to the Mac!

Quote from MeniThings
"We run LightWave on both PC and Mac platforms. What's actually pretty funny is that I started using LightWave on Amiga but slowly moved over to PC and now slowly Iím moving over to Mac."
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/profiles/Meni-002/index.html

MeniThings has recently been contracted to make a major animated feature film.

riki
12-15-2003, 01:43 AM
Hey Beam you'll love this

http://homepage.mac.com/hsk/applejapan.html

trick
12-15-2003, 01:54 AM
I really would like to hear some more about his motives for slowly switching to MAC...

Beamtracer
12-15-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by trick
I really would like to hear some more about his motives for slowly switching to MAC... Yes, I would also have liked to hear about why he is switching to the Mac.

Instead, whoever the Newtek person was conducting the interview asks Meni about his PC.

Chuck
12-15-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Beamtracer
Yes, I would also have liked to hear about why he is switching to the Mac.

Instead, whoever the Newtek person was conducting the interview asks Meni about his PC.

That particular interview was conducted live on tape, with limited time, and the interviewer "winging it". Apologies that our interviewer missed following up on the Mac configs as well. We'll see if we can chat further with Meni to add that follow-up, including what advantages he sees to the Mac. We have a series of such interviews from visual effects artists in LA that we will be releasing over the next few weeks, and these include many of the recent Emmy winners.

trick
12-15-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Chuck
...and these include many of the recent Emmy winners.

...go, go, go, Chucky, go...
And I really would like to hear from LW-people that are switching from PC to MAC...

PeteS
12-15-2003, 08:32 AM
That's great! MAC could use some much deserved props for Lifghtwave. Maybe this will get the mac community some more respect as far as third party developers go. Like making sure all the plug-ins work. Maybe even get a MAC version of Messiah!:rolleyes:

Beamtracer
12-15-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Chuck
We'll see if we can chat further with Meni to add that follow-up, including what advantages he sees to the Mac.
Thanks Chuck.

MeniThings is the "top of the tree" as far as Lightwave kudos goes. If he starts migrating to the Mac, it really is a message to everyone else.

Actually, Chuck, if Meni says some kind words about his experiences with the Mac and 3D, it could also be of use to Apple.

Apple is always doing profiles on their website. We don't want to let "that other company" get all the space on Apple's site. If Apple did a story about Meni, Lightwave and the Mac, it would also be great publicity for Newtek.