PDA

View Full Version : Thankfully Done

lwscottk
03-06-2003, 11:00 PM
I was prodded to post this here, so I gave into the pressure...

http://www.scottkingston.com/images/gallery/tg-jmech_skingston_th.jpg (http://www.scottkingston.com/images/gallery/tg-jmech_skingston.jpg)
Click on Thumbnail.

Well, what can I say... it's done, finished, over, "...in the can". I learned a lot doing this. Things I will and won't do the next time around. Thank God it's over! Enjoy if you can. :D

Cheers,
Scott

groodwanderer
03-07-2003, 12:42 AM
Hey i like. Looks really good. How long did it take ya?:) Oh and could you post a wireframe view. I just love those.:D

Epita
03-07-2003, 09:00 AM
that looks really cool, a must have tank for all armies! Texturing is really good too, great weatherling, looks really realistic.

Epita

Zombat
03-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Jeez, that's been through the mill. Pretty interesting.

Dete
03-12-2003, 03:11 AM
Nice looking tank - Incredible texture work !!

.: Dete :.

lwscottk
03-12-2003, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the comments all.

I had a great teacher when it came to texturing, Jose Perez. As for time... too long. I was learning most everything as I went along and that was in between a full time IT job and family. :)

Cheers,
Scott

Simon
03-12-2003, 04:41 PM
That's very good indeed Scott. Just curious, did you model it all in one go and then move onto texturing ... or did you make small parts at a time texturing as you go. I'm ok with modelling but always find myself at a bit of a loss knowing where to start with putting textures on something that complex. Nice work!

lwscottk
03-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Simon
...did you model it all in one go and then move onto texturing ... or did you make small parts at a time texturing as you go...

For this thing I modeled it all then textured it. It just works for the way my mind works. When I began texturing I just started with one small section then moved to another, and another, etc. (e.g., barrel, turret, body, etc.)

Hope that helps... thanks!

Cheers,
Scott