PDA

View Full Version : Speed Modeling Challenge #277 - So Sweet!

Exclaim
10-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Welcome amateurs and pros to the 277th speed modeling challenge. All are invited to show their skills in Lightwave3D by modeling the subject as quickly as they can. Texturing and rendering will not count against you.

We welcome non participant's constructive criticism, and encouragement.

Rules:
1. Every two weeks or so there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit. You should spend no longer than the allocated time, then post a render of your model. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modelling times is essential. How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.
2. Post a wire-frame and a render at 800x600 or larger. (For wireframe help go to: http://www.artssphere.com/plugins/polygoncoloring.php (or just post a screenshot of your wired/wired textured.) Stills from simulations and animations are also accepted!
3. LightWave must be used for modeling. 3rd party Plug-ins are allowed.
4. You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.
5. Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period. (So please put your best efforts into the texture and render)
6. If there are enough contributors to the Challenge, the "winner" will get the chance to set the subject of the next challenge.
7. Have fun!

This week's challenge : So Sweet!

If it is edible, and you find it sweet, make it!

Modeling Time : 180 minutes.

Challenge Ends: 12:00 PM PST - Sunday 23rd of October 2016
Let the sucrose, lactose, and fructose festival begin!

NeonZ
10-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Thanks Exclaim for posting the new topic. The Modeling time should be 120 minutes, though. ;) That's the challenge! What can we do in two hours of modeling!

NeonZ
10-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Here's some quick sweetness.

Modeling: ~65 minutes
Texturing, Setup, and Lighting: ~100 minutes

I didn't want to spend too much time on getting the instances to sit properly due to time, but this gives you a good idea for the direction. I'd probably use Particle Effects and actually make these collide with themselves, the bag, and the table.

And for those who notice floating candies, it's Halloween Magic! :D

Farhad_azer
10-24-2016, 03:16 AM
Very good NeonZ,

i am coming, i know time is up but plz give me some more time.

thanks for extension :)

NeonZ
10-24-2016, 06:59 PM
LOL. Sounds good. Wonder how we can get more people involved. If it's only you and me, we'll have to play rock-paper-scissors for the next topic! I'll check the archives to see how previous Challenges were managed. Totally forgot to "score" the last round to give feedback. Overall, this just needs to be a fun exercise to participate in!

Amurrell
10-25-2016, 02:48 PM
Sorry guys, I would join but I am busy testing out other software for my project. LightWave is still a part of it, but lacks a few certain tools that I require. As soon as some 30 days trials dry up, I'll be back to the grind.

Farhad_azer
10-26-2016, 12:54 AM

Hi there, sorry for such a late entry, i am probably not qualified for the contest,

But i will continue,

My crappy render is a sign of objection against the cruel NeonZ who did not consider my previous masterpiece and did not give details of reviewing, (just kidding)

yours.

NeonZ
11-01-2016, 08:18 PM

Hi there, sorry for such a late entry, i am probably not qualified for the contest,

But i will continue,

My crappy render is a sign of objection against the cruel NeonZ who did not consider my previous masterpiece and did not give details of reviewing, (just kidding)

yours.

LOL! I bet if you rendered under Octane it would have been spectacular! I was hoping Exclaim was going to upload something, but I haven't heard from him. I'll start the next one. We'll aim for two a month!