PDA

View Full Version : New MS Paint supports 3D objects and other stuff

Ernest
10-09-2016, 11:37 PM
http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/7/13207612/microsoft-paint-windows-10-app

There's a video in there showing the new features.

prometheus
10-10-2016, 04:12 AM
http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/7/13207612/microsoft-paint-windows-10-app

There's a video in there showing the new features.

Doesn´t concern me, nor of interest since I will be using paint systems that doesn´t require windows 10.

safetyman
10-10-2016, 05:04 AM
If it's free then I'll check it out. I think this 3D stuff might catch on.

MichaelT
10-10-2016, 05:58 AM
That's actually pretty neat. If it is very quick to work with, then those ideas will be in many of the main paint tools in the very near future.. or at least the ones that doesn't already have 3d in them of course. But none that I have seen, have been this responsive. All in all, I think this is a good thing. I like it when people are getting more opportunities to be creative.

Well, in good time everyone will be using Windows 10.. or if they simply will call it Windows in the future, and dropping the number entirely.

rustythe1
10-10-2016, 07:07 AM
yep it will become more and more forced as hardware companies are gradually dropping older support, and also inbuilding os checkers so you cant work around things, you may find if you had to do a clean install things stop working (happened to me when asus dropped support for some of the drivers for the i7x980) the only thing is its now not free so Microsoft cant force the update on current 8 users, to be honest once you get past the recent bugs in the big update I find it better than 8 and 7, there has been no startup slowdown (infact I think its faster after the anniversary update) if people are worried about privacy and so on I think they added all the same nonsense back into 8 and 7 anyway,

fishhead
10-10-2016, 08:02 AM
... Well, in good time everyone will be using Windows 10.. ...
One wish for a - hopefully not to distant - new release of LW would be a Linux-version...

Well, one can dream... :-]

MichaelT
10-10-2016, 11:00 AM
One wish for a - hopefully not to distant - new release of LW would be a Linux-version...

Well, one can dream... :-]

:) Well, you can run it using wine in Linux. But yeah, native is best of course. But as long as the important tools I am using are windows only, that's where I will stay.

daforum
10-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Looks like it would be useful for Pre-Viz and Animatics ( sketch out quick ideas for shots etc )