PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster A/E - Question about Dante Audio Inputs?

John Freedom
10-09-2016, 11:24 AM
The Advanced Edition now has audio input selections for Dante channels.

How is this used?

Here's what I tried:
Dante Virtual Soundcard on a computer on the same subnet. With Dante Controller, I was able to see the source but not any destinations.
On the TC460, I couldn't find any signals.

kanep
10-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Do you have a some Dante hardware on the network? Dante requires a clock, which Dante Virtual Soundcard cannot provide, something else that has Dante hardware needs to do this.

Do don't have to setup destination for Dante in TriCaster, the first two channels of Master and AUX1 are routed to the first four channels of Dante virtual sound card for output.

PIZAZZ
10-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Do you have a some Dante hardware on the network? Dante requires a clock, which Dante Virtual Soundcard cannot provide, something else that has Dante hardware needs to do this.

Do don't have to setup destination for Dante in TriCaster, the first two channels of Master and AUX1 are routed to the first four channels of Dante virtual sound card for output.

Actually Kane, Audinate's Dante VIA software can provide a clock on the network. The latest version's feature set is amazing too.

John, did you install the Dante Virtual Soundcard on the 460 first?

I would suggest you check that and then run Dante Via on the other computer.

kanep
10-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Dante Via can work. But you need more than virtual soundcard.

gegillam
08-25-2017, 07:55 AM
Hey guys, How does one assign audio to the rest of the Dante channels in the 8000AE?