PDA

View Full Version : Old style room.

Gluge
03-06-2003, 09:59 PM
What do you think?

http://www.gluge.com/g_images/Monarch_2.jpg

I know it's empty so it doesn't really look done... but it is hehe.
well probably it was modeled for a client for something.. I textured and lit it for fun, maybe someday I'll go in and add bottles, bags, etc. etc. make it look used, hehe nice little general store I think it could be....

what do you think?

John Fornasar
03-06-2003, 10:24 PM
Nice work, just a few things...

I'd tighten up the wood texture on the ceiling moulding, it looks too large.

I'd put "older" looking light fixtures on the ceiling, they seem too modern for the store. Or, at least, make the light a bit yellower.

And last, how about a door in the back wall leading to the owner's rooms, or a stock room. Leave it a bit open to add a bit of mystery to the shot (what's back there?).

Hey, also check out the objects in the Objects\Household directory, you'll probably find enough stuff in there to fill up your shelves.

lwscottk
03-06-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by John Fornasar
...how about a door...
...Hey, also check out the objects in the Objects\Household directory, you'll probably find enough stuff in there to fill up your shelves...
A door is a great idea to break it up a bit and one must also never forget the LightWave Cow...

Cheers,
Scott

Epita
03-07-2003, 07:53 AM
Yeah, see if you can get a pic of the Cow on the walls! looks just like the real Mcoy, though the star things from the light looks a little to powerfull, great work though!

Epita

toa
03-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Nice work i like it :)

Gluge
03-08-2003, 12:08 AM
How about a cow head on the wall? 8*))

hehe. thanks for all the suggestions...

I think I'll pass on the door for the sake of simplicity / lazyness, hehe.

I'd put "older" looking light fixtures on the ceiling, they seem too modern for the store. Or, at least, make the light a bit yellower.

yea.. sounds good, have any suggestions on making the fixtures older? I would like to keep them real simple... I just thew those in there...

I'll try making the light a bit more yellow.

and tighten up that wood a bit too... sounds good.

I'll check out that dir. sometime too, though I'd like to model everything myself just so i don't have to put exceptions etc on my reel, we'll see tho 8*) I don't think I've really looked though those since like LW 5.0 hehe.

Thanks a lot 8*)

starbase1
03-08-2003, 04:24 AM
Looks good - maybe make the light wood a slightly warmer shade? A touch more red, a little less green?

(and it should be a miniature cow, on the shelf!)

Hey, never mind where's wally, we have a whole new game here!

Gluge
03-08-2003, 04:32 AM
which wood do you mean by the light wood?

thx.

marlo.steed
03-08-2003, 06:01 PM
I like your render. It looks good. I note that the floor looks all carved up. Was that intentional? I think a bit of grunge around the base boards and would add to the old look. I also note that the render looks grainy, try selecting noise reduction.

Gluge
03-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Yea I added the grain... you think it's too much?

yea, I might use some vertex weighting with some proceduals to put a little procedual dirt etc. in the corners....