PDA

View Full Version : Select connected bug

Alopex
10-05-2016, 06:31 AM
Hello!
I have had a problem with select connected since the last versions. Pressing the shortcut " ' " changes the layer settings i.e. if I use layer 1 and have layer 2 as background I now suddenly have layer 10 as background or none at all. You can circumvent this by just pressing the tab in lightwave instead and that works fine but I prefer to use the shortcuts. Is there a way to fix this?
Best,
Jakob

prometheus
10-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Hello!
I have had a problem with select connected since the last versions. Pressing the shortcut " ' " changes the layer settings i.e. if I use layer 1 and have layer 2 as background I now suddenly have layer 10 as background or none at all. You can circumvent this by just pressing the tab in lightwave instead and that works fine but I prefer to use the shortcuts. Is there a way to fix this?
Best,
Jakob

Yeah..I got a layer selection active as background on layer 9.
Remap the plugin from alt gr "] " that is y default..but I have set it to "c" It makes it more inituive as matching to what the mind thinks about as well "connected"

Matt
10-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Not happening for me here in 2015.3. I would check your OS keyboard just in case " ' " key is actually something else.

Alopex
10-05-2016, 01:29 PM
I will try to remap it, thank you. Seems to be doing the stuff. I used "x". By default the command words (even in 2015.3) but layer bug remains. Same with "expand" actually...

jwiede
10-06-2016, 01:19 AM
I will try to remap it, thank you. Seems to be doing the stuff. I used "x". By default the command words (even in 2015.3) but layer bug remains. Same with "expand" actually...

LW2015.3 Mac on 10.11.6, not seeing such behavior from "Select Connected" where active/inactive layer settings change. Will check LW2015.3 on W10 when I get a chance.

UnCommonGrafx
10-07-2016, 06:40 AM
Are other keys reporting similar anomalies?
Remapping, in this case, would leave the problem in place.
Better you ascertain what the problem is.

Like the others using the default, on mac and w10, it works like it should.

My questions would be:
what tool is the key assigned to? alt-f9<fn-f9 on a mac> to see.
have you tried to reset via the configure keys panel?
laptop or desktop?

Alopex
10-10-2016, 08:49 AM
It seems that using the number keys is the problem. The short cut works but it also activates the layer associated to that number i.e. pressing alt gr + 9 selects similar AND switches to layer 9. As said remapping the keys solves the problem. I use Windows 7 and a keyboard with Swedish setting and it doesn't matter what computer I use.

creacon
10-13-2016, 09:40 AM
That's a bug that has been in LW since they ported it to Windows. I've reported it several times over a 10 year period. On non US keyboards pressing a number key on the top row executes the function for the number itself and the function of the symbol that's under it.

On an azerty keyboard in modeler, the "3" key has a " " " under it, when you press it the third layer is selected AND the selection is inverted (that's the function linked to "). As a developer you would have to almost implement this weird behavior on purpose. Will probably be fixed in the year 2026, if:
- They don't lose the buglist ;-)
- They admit it's a bug ;-)

creacon

It seems that using the number keys is the problem. The short cut works but it also activates the layer associated to that number i.e. pressing alt gr + 9 selects similar AND switches to layer 9. As said remapping the keys solves the problem. I use Windows 7 and a keyboard with Swedish setting and it doesn't matter what computer I use.