PDA

View Full Version : Unity's experimental gizmo

Schwyhart
10-03-2016, 09:03 AM
This is what I'd want in Lightwave: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unified-manipulation-tool.434099/

KurtF
10-03-2016, 11:48 AM
No autohighlighting. That's always useful for Rotations.

Ryan Roye
10-03-2016, 05:40 PM
My problem with denser gizmos like this lies with ergonomics. The more accuracy you require the user to have on a tool that you will be clicking a lot on, the more strain it puts on the wrist over long sessions. If a gizmo is gonna be fancy, it had better have options to remove the stuff not everyone is going to use.

jeric_synergy
10-03-2016, 11:07 PM
My problem with denser gizmos like this lies with ergonomics. The more accuracy you require the user to have on a tool that you will be clicking a lot on, the more strain it puts on the wrist over long sessions. If a gizmo is gonna be fancy, it had better have options to remove the stuff not everyone is going to use.
If I take your meaning, that's why I favor sensitivity switching bucky keys, to both lessen AND increase the effect of mouse movement. Precise movement with my poc mouse is not good, something that made large movements necessary would actually help me.

bazsa73
10-03-2016, 11:12 PM
I like the new gizmo in modeler, shortcut is Alt+T.

jeric_synergy
10-03-2016, 11:29 PM
LWG native gizmos seem to have trouble with their Rotation handles-- invariably one of the 3 handles works "backwards" from its depiction in the vuport. Both perspective and orthographic.

meshpig
10-04-2016, 12:53 AM
The links btw are Untiy beta builds. Appears not to work as in the video...

bazsa73
10-04-2016, 01:04 AM
LWG native gizmos seem to have trouble with their Rotation handles-- invariably one of the 3 handles works "backwards" from its depiction in the vuport. Both perspective and orthographic.

Yes but it's fun!

prometheus
10-04-2016, 01:08 AM

Blah..the UI instant changes is horrible, I found out that I by accident had changed my color of the text help hud for the gizmo, so I hardly could see what it describes, went to display and tried to change tool color, nothing happens..have to close modeler and restart for the color to change..all these color ui customize stuff is so way behind it is annoying..sigh.

jeric_synergy
10-04-2016, 10:33 AM
Yes but it's fun!
I'm so mad right now..... ;)