PDA

View Full Version : Scan Converter and Windows 10

Daprimo2000
09-28-2016, 02:44 PM
I've been trying to use Scan converter on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine with no luck. We use this PC as our presentation PC for a fairly large auditorium. We use the extended desktop (desktop 2) to feed the the projector and the main desktop as a Presenter monitor for the speakers at different resolutions. Desktop 1: 1920x1080 and Desktop 2 at 1280x720 (to accommodate the AJAs in the system) I fire up the scan converter and check off both desktops and all other devices on the NDI network see the machine and both desktops but the video does not pass, just a black screen. I tried iVGA but it doesn't even see the TriCaster. The iVGA/ TriCaster set up did work in the past when we used a Windows 8 machine and Standard edition TriCaster.

Could this be a port issue? I've allowed this application in the Firewall settings so I'm a bit stumped. I have a Windows 8 and a Mac on the network and they both work.

kanep
09-29-2016, 07:51 AM
I use NDI Scan Converters on Windows 10 without issue. One thing to check is that the Windows 10 PC is 'discoverable'. You can check this by clicking on the network icon near the clock, then choose 'Network Settings'. In the window that appears, click Ethernet on the left side, then your Ethernet connection on the right side. At the top, make sure that 'discoverable' it switched to 'On'

Do other NDI applications (like Test Patterns) work when running from the Windows 10 system?

Daprimo2000
09-29-2016, 08:57 AM
I use NDI Scan Converters on Windows 10 without issue. One thing to check is that the Windows 10 PC is 'discoverable'. You can check this by clicking on the network icon near the clock, then choose 'Network Settings'. In the window that appears, click Ethernet on the left side, then your Ethernet connection on the right side. At the top, make sure that 'discoverable' it switched to 'On'

Do other NDI applications (like Test Patterns) work when running from the Windows 10 system?

Just to be clear, I am trying to pull the NDI signal from a couple other machines, one on the same subnet and one on another. The one on the same subnet see's the NDI channel (Test Pattern) and passes audio but the video. In NDI monitor stays stuck on CONNECTING.... Alternatively this (the PC Im trying to receive its desktop) Windows 10 machine is receiving NDI signals with no problem. On the PC on a separate subnet is not reporting any NDI channels available. Per the "Getting started with NDI" pdf I setup Access Manager to receive from this Windows 10 machine.

Daprimo2000
09-29-2016, 09:11 AM
Quick update. The Test pattern app is now passing video and audio to the PC on the same subnet. Still no reporting to the PC on the different subnet

kanep
09-29-2016, 10:56 AM
NDI will not see systems on other subnets because multicast packets are blocked at subnet boundaries. Some network gear might have support to be configured to broadcast multicast packets between subnets, but this is not usually the case.

The next version of 'NDI v2' which will be released later this year will have support to be configured to work across subnets.