PDA

View Full Version : David Ikeda is back

samurai_x
09-24-2016, 08:33 PM
Well not back working for newtek. Back posting at his fb.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004889147964&fref=ts

It even has pbr viewport now.
Newtek should have convinced him to stay. In 2 years he created this app on his own. Imagine having some basic modelling in layout by this time.
We have limited info on what's happening to lightwave right now thanks to the gag order. I say gag order because lightwave devs are active on fb and posting on other forums so they're not that busy to post here. They just can't. I expect something extremely good to come out of this silence or else...:devil:
Wonder why Lino mailed Ikeda. Do they need help concerning lw? I'm visiting kyushu this november maybe I can swing by Ikeda's place to find out. Its so far out like new hampshire though. :D

prometheus
09-24-2016, 09:04 PM
I donīt see anything special with those images, just static images ..and canīt say much more about that, what else is there, animation wise? or is it still just modeling and render package?
canīt follow anything else since I am not on facebook and most likely will not be.

What I recall was interesting a while back though...but I canīt find it anymore and especially if it is buried in facebook locked accounts, that was the model introduction of modeling ala blenders skin modifier, where he moved a skeleton in the modeling process and a mesh followed along with that.

Michael

erikals
09-25-2016, 02:35 AM
the last update i saw from Ikeda was 1 year ago or so. did he leave the project?

hope he get's it going. it might very well be a great addition to LightWave.

prometheus, you can go here and use the buttons, next - prev
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=326419930864309&set=vb.100004889147964&type=2&permPage=1

but again, haven't seen updates from Ikeda lately.
(like prometheus, i'm not logged into FaceTrack)

hrgiger
09-25-2016, 03:06 AM
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004889147964&fref=ts

Newtek should have convinced him to stay. In 2 years he created this app on his own.

I like David a lot. But it is unknown whether it was actually a case of LW3DG being able to convince him to stay. So I wouldn't judge the reasons for him leaving on either party without knowing more. And David is still working on that app with no release yet in sight so we can't really say how much he has done in 2 years. He's shown some very nice demos, but that doesn't equate yet to a releasable app.

samurai_x
09-25-2016, 03:23 AM
we can't really say how much he has done in 2 years. He's shown some very nice demos, but that doesn't equate yet to a releasable app.

His latest post is aug 2016. He left newtek 2014ish. So around 2 years he's done whats shown on that video.
That's a loooooot of work done in 2 years. For one guy that's probably +5 years worth of work.
Modeler has been virtually the same since lw 7. How many years is that? 10 years or more?

Oedo 808
09-25-2016, 03:36 AM
His latest post is aug 2016. He left newtek 2014ish. So around 2 years he's done whats shown on that video.
That's a loooooot of work done in 2 years. For one guy that's probably +5 years worth of work.
Modeler has been virtually the same since lw 7. How many years is that? 10 years or more?

How many years did he work for NT?

hrgiger
09-25-2016, 03:45 AM
David is writing his own codebase so hes not bound by someone elses SDK as he was when he was with working on LightWave. LightWave code would have to be restructured to make big changes like that for Modeler so its not like David would have been able to do those things in the last few years with Modeler. Besides, all indications point to them eventually moving modeling to layout so the future is not modeler. David wrote Chronosculpt in a relatively short amount of time and its taken a few years now to get just the new unified geometry engine in the next version of LightWave based on the work done on CS.
Again, creating demos on facebook is one thing but from what Ive seen, I dont see a releasable app anytime soon.

erikals
09-25-2016, 04:20 AM
How many years did he work for NT?
Ikeda was mainly bug-fixing, +'secretly' writing some Chrono code.
he suggested 200 modeler improvements, but none were allowed.

but there are always 2 sides to a story.

His latest post is aug 2016.
nice, hope to see more. :)

samurai_x
09-25-2016, 05:29 AM
Again, creating demos on facebook is one thing but from what Ive seen, I dont see a releasable app anytime soon.

Not releasable but substantial work. Anyway if chronosculpt was released and sold in that state, who's to say Ikeda can't release a basic modelling app as v1 like modo?
Maybe Brad can team up with Ikeda and form Modeux. Brad is THE MAN that knows how to communicate with users.

ianr
09-25-2016, 07:20 AM
Not releasable but substantial work. Anyway if chronosculpt was released and sold in that state, who's to say Ikeda can't release a basic modelling app as v1 like modo?
Maybe Brad can team up with Ikeda and form Modeux. Brad is THE MAN that knows how to communicate with users.

David Ikeda is back
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...147964&fref=ts

NOT AVAILBLE: broken link

Brad's a bullying 'Jock', on all the occasions I personally met

him it was like someone out of 'Grease -The Movie'.

It's a retro step as a suggestion, but he is good on comm's.

Mr. Ikeda on lite Modeler duties that I like, also like renting code

from Mr.Alter to interleave with the new Fiber FX, that I like also.

erikals
09-25-2016, 07:39 AM
the first link is fine i think, the one you posted above is not.

prometheus
09-25-2016, 07:51 AM
the last update i saw from Ikeda was 1 year ago or so. did he leave the project?

hope he get's it going. it might very well be a great addition to LightWave.

prometheus, you can go here and use the buttons, next - prev
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=326419930864309&set=vb.100004889147964&type=2&permPage=1

but again, haven't seen updates from Ikeda lately.
(like prometheus, i'm not logged into FaceTrack)

Yes..thanks, that was it...but rather this with with the proto tab/function...which is a bit similar to skin modifier in blender, though at that stage it wasnīt able to scale radius joints or even the skin, which you can do in blender already.
https://www.facebook.com/100004889147964/videos/vb.100004889147964/330079347165034/?type=2&permPage=1

erikals
09-25-2016, 08:05 AM
yes, he'll have to still add a small ton of functions.

what'll be interesting to me is the new tools he is making, and how they will be functioning.

i'm sure his app will be a complementary app, for many of us.

moc
09-25-2016, 08:57 AM
"David Ikeda is back "
the title make me exciting,At first I think there will be a big helper back,and then........
Many of us concerned at the "NEXT"LW,And the real situation,It need a big improved and show us enough to wait its a further step.
God bless LW.Amon...

prometheus
09-25-2016, 09:01 AM
yes, he'll have to still add a small ton of functions.

what'll be interesting to me is the new tools he is making, and how they will be functioning.

i'm sure his app will be a complementary app, for many of us.

Scenefile attached at the bottom..

perhaps, it must have something special in such case, and not sure the prototype skin is that exactly, blender seem to have all that, and sculpting..for free, I just feel itīs a shame that skin/prototype didnīt stay within lightwave when he was there.

Anyway...hereīs little figure freebie with blender you could mess around with, edit the vertices or edges, scale edge can be done in two ways, select edges and hit "s" wich is standard scale and it will scale the edge length, then with a vertice or edge select ..hit ctrl-a, that is skin scale..so theres a big differens there...almost every tool works on the edges, subdivided, extend, make edge and face..which can be a bridge if you select two vertices, smooth vertexes also works to round any edge or vertexes with sharp angles.

Itīs setup with a mirror modifier, so any tweak you do is reflected..you can export to lightwave in edit mode, it will respect any subd level you set, you can also create armature skelegons for it, or just export out the edges I think to use skelegons in lightwave.
I was supposed to work a bit more on it before posting, but I can update it later, I need to add better foot/claws.
Change the blender subdivisions view settings to zero if you want the lowest level before exporting to lightwave, then you can metform or subpatch there instead if that is what you want.

Blender 2.76b file..

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134583&d=1474815549

jasonwestmas
09-25-2016, 09:07 AM
It's always nice to see what David can do without the weight of transforming old tech into something more.

bazsa73
09-25-2016, 10:03 AM

He could definitely but he has self-management issues. He needs a guiding hand, a strategic mind who doesn't let him go to deep into his own forest full of ideas.

jasonwestmas
09-25-2016, 10:14 AM
He could definitely but he has self-management issues. He needs a guiding hand, a strategic mind who doesn't let him go to deep into his own forest full of ideas.

When you are separated from the "collective hive mind" one just needs to outline your entire project on "paper". I'm not a coder but I'm often shocked how complex my own imaginative ideas turn out to be when I examine everything laying it out in the form of written words. I actually think David has done this to a certain degree but he was wondering early on how to sell those ideas and what exactly the scope of his project is.

samurai_x
09-25-2016, 11:27 AM
David Ikeda is back
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...147964&fref=ts

NOT AVAILBLE: broken link

Brad's a bullying 'Jock', on all the occasions I personally met

him it was like someone out of 'Grease -The Movie'.

It's a retro step as a suggestion, but he is good on comm's.

Mr. Ikeda on lite Modeler duties that I like, also like renting code

from Mr.Alter to interleave with the new Fiber FX, that I like also.

How about this?
https://video.fceb2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/13999607_1307533859279230_580158904_n.mp4?efg=eyJy bHIiOjMwMCwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3 NkIn0%3D&oh=20fed6db17219bd4898ebaf3141ce379&oe=57E82CEF

Is he collaborating with nt.. maybe they haven't filled the model developer job.

50one
09-25-2016, 12:03 PM
That's pretty cool!

I always thought there is a market niche for kettle bell modelers.

prometheus
09-25-2016, 12:10 PM
That's pretty cool!

I always thought there is a market niche for kettle bell modelers.

Not really, itīs simpler to just take a photo of it :)

I used to work for a gym company, they were retailers of kettle bells, and I did render out their machines and did some cusion modeling on it, but kettlebells were not in the modeling taks, even though I could whip that out within a few seconds with the px bezier tool:)

Michael

erikals
09-25-2016, 12:20 PM
How about this?
https://video.fceb2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/13999607_1307533859279230_580158904_n.mp4?efg=eyJy bHIiOjMwMCwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3 NkIn0%3D&oh=20fed6db17219bd4898ebaf3141ce379&oe=57E82CEF
Nice, like it. :)

Is he collaborating with nt.. maybe they haven't filled the model developer job.
his code is completely different from Modeler/Layout, so pretty sure NT is not involved.
porting his code to LightWave would be way too much fuzz and create all sorts of problems, due to the Modeler / Layout codes.
as far as i know at least, based on his previous statements.

jasonwestmas
09-25-2016, 02:49 PM
If David is working or will work with Lightwave code it has nothing to do with his own software.

MichaelT
09-25-2016, 03:46 PM
A small reflection.. If anyone suggests 200 improvements, and none get through.. there is absolutely a side of the coin we don't know about. I doubt he is involved with LW internally, in any shape or form.

samurai_x
09-26-2016, 12:39 AM
Yeah the code is surely different but Lino did mail him recently. Must be lw related.

50one
09-26-2016, 01:50 AM
Yeah the code is surely different but Lino did mail him recently. Must be lw related.

This forum is one big pile of speculation.

bazsa73
09-26-2016, 02:19 AM
This forum is one big pile of speculation.

Which thread is not? :D

erikals
09-26-2016, 04:08 AM

just curious, where did it say Lino Mailed him?

samurai_x
09-26-2016, 05:50 AM
just curious, where did it say Lino Mailed him?

Lino posted to "check your mail" at David's fb.

erikals
09-26-2016, 06:26 AM
yeah, i guess it could be anything, from A to Z.

nothing would be better than Modeler getting a wake up call though.

time will tell...   http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/icons8/windows-8/16/Very-Basic-Alarm-Clock-icon.png

bazsa73
09-26-2016, 07:50 AM
Yeah, David answered Lino and they agreed on something we don't know but it can be anything. I mean a n y t h i n g.

50one
09-26-2016, 08:24 AM
Lino posted to "check your mail" at David's fb.

Maybe it was "you have left your favourite mug at the office..."

Lol

jeric_synergy
09-26-2016, 09:19 AM
Which thread is not? :D
The ones that ask legitimate procedural questions. :grumpy:

OnlineRender
09-26-2016, 11:08 AM
David I , is an incredibly gifted "artist" but also batsh!t crazy at times, I do wish him all the best though ridiculously talented

bazsa73
09-26-2016, 11:30 AM
The ones that ask legitimate procedural questions. :grumpy:

You are right, I shouldn't make fun of serious matters, but I think recently the amount of speculative threads have grown noticably.

Spinland
09-26-2016, 12:05 PM
David I , is an incredibly gifted "artist" but also batsh!t crazy at times, I do wish him all the best though ridiculously talented

Is there a solid correlation between the two? Anecdotally it seems there should be. ;)

samurai_x
09-26-2016, 08:12 PM
Maybe it was "you have left your favourite mug at the office..."

Lol

BaDa BOOM! tsh

jeric_synergy
09-26-2016, 08:14 PM
Is there a solid correlation between the two? Anecdotally it seems there should be. ;)
This is more like "engineer", and personally I don't want engineers to ever be batshit crazy. Also, such people are awful to work with.

I'm boring that way.

erikals
09-27-2016, 01:57 AM

haven't seen any indication on that. also, remember that this pretty much a personal attack.

50one
09-27-2016, 02:08 AM
remember that this pretty much a personal attack.

whut?how?

samurai_x
09-27-2016, 02:46 AM
There's a fine line between genius and insanity.
Creating an app like that on your own and actually able to do it, he's a genius.
He should take advice from Andrew Shpagin on how to go from what he has now to a releasable app.

Kinetic Shapes
09-27-2016, 02:47 AM
......remember that this pretty much a personal attack.

No it isn't. Just how brits can talk nicely of people :)

Oedo 808
09-27-2016, 03:38 AM
There's a fine line between genius and insanity.
Creating an app like that on your own and actually able to do it, he's a genius.
He should take advice from Andrew Shpagin on how to go from what he has now to a releasable app.

He apparently got NT to pay him for refusing to allow him to update Modeler, and presumably they paid him for refusing to allow him to update Chronosculpt as well, that is genius.

Spinland
09-27-2016, 03:58 AM
Also, such people are awful to work with.

But we're lots of fun at parties. ;D

OnlineRender
09-27-2016, 08:25 AM
haven't seen any indication on that. also, remember that this pretty much a personal attack.

it's not really a personal attack more an observation perhaps even a twisted complement, I like David he's immensely talented and if it came across like that I profusely apologize however, if it was an attack it will be swiftly followed by words that could not be repeated... but he really does border on genius and crazy, which I suppose go hand-in-hand

bazsa73
09-27-2016, 10:48 AM
Let's attack David!
Arrrrggghhhh, rrhhhhrrrr HWHEHHOOAARRRR

jwiede
09-27-2016, 12:20 PM
If David is working or will work with Lightwave code it has nothing to do with his own software.

There has been absolutely no indication David has had any further involvement with Newtek/LW3DG.

jasonwestmas
09-27-2016, 09:20 PM
There has been absolutely no indication David has had any further involvement with Newtek/LW3DG.

Good. . .for him.

OFF
09-27-2016, 09:41 PM
For us too..

VirtualFM
09-28-2016, 12:14 AM
Just saw the video. One man only did that?! I find it amazing, and maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I think this looked/felt better than "good old" Core in it's fist betas. (sorry, but had to say that!)

Spinland
09-28-2016, 04:21 AM

Rather strong language, weakened by the evidence. More correct would seem to be to assert his recent communication with LW3DG does not in any way indicate he's actually working with them at the moment, that such would be pure speculation.

jwiede
10-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Rather strong language, weakened by the evidence. More correct would seem to be to assert his recent communication with LW3DG does not in any way indicate he's actually working with them at the moment, that such would be pure speculation.

Communicating with Lino isn't the same as communicating with LW3DG. What evidence is there of him communicating with LW3DG?

Spinland
10-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Is he not part of that group? If not, I stand corrected. If so, then that is QED.

erikals
10-01-2016, 04:56 PM
he is part of the Group, but from what i can tell Rob is the one dealing mostly with,

> what features to add to LightWave
> what coders to hire
> ...etc...

but honestly, who knows, LightWave land is a bit foggy these days.

prometheus
10-01-2016, 05:09 PM
there are probably many ways of working together with the lightwave group, where some may be in the same place and offically employed, then others may be scattered around the word..and their location and their will to foremost work for themself as third party developers..is priority, but some still seem to work closely with them, like Victor with lwcad, and 3rd powers tools, Sensei has some interesting tools as well, pictrix and many more, working together within or just in the perifery as third party developers.

I bit unfortunate perhaps that David Ikeda isnīt directly connected to the modeling development, I would have like to have his prototype skeleton, creation of a mesh with the help of skeleton,lines implemented in lightwave..seems similar to Blenders skin modifier that I enjoy so much, I wouldnīt go and invest in a single new David Ikeda software though, I want this withing lightwave..otherwise I could just go on with blender.

gamedesign1
10-01-2016, 10:09 PM

What do you mean exactly?

Spinland
10-02-2016, 12:12 AM
he is part of the Group, but from what i can tell Rob is the one dealing mostly with,

> what features to add to LightWave
> what coders to hire
> ...etc....

All conceded. My only quibble is with the declaration of absolutely no involvement with the group. I consider an email dialog to be involvement, even if the topic itself were sharing a cake recipe. I said weakened, not rebutted or disproved.

50one
10-02-2016, 01:48 AM
What do you mean exactly?

I've heard that apart from being great coder, he sometimes like to get naked, cover himself in vaseline and pretend to be a giant snail.

pinkmouse
10-02-2016, 02:11 AM
Don't we all?

:D

50one
10-02-2016, 03:07 AM
I like to pretend I'm a giant juicy carrot.

Kinetic Shapes
10-02-2016, 05:51 AM

and covered with soil in your garden.

Spinland
10-02-2016, 06:15 AM

Blasphemer. True believers know it's a head of garlic.

jeric_synergy
10-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Sounds legit.

Spinland
10-02-2016, 02:28 PM
:rock:

jwiede
10-03-2016, 06:28 PM
All conceded. My only quibble is with the declaration of absolutely no involvement with the group. I consider an email dialog to be involvement, even if the topic itself were sharing a cake recipe. I said weakened, not rebutted or disproved.

Wow, this is getting quite ridiculous. What evidence of an email dialogue between LW3DG and Ikeda do you mean?

Lino's comment to Ikeda was "check your email". That's all. It was posted from Lino's personal FB account, and posted to Ikeda's (whose account is listed as a personal "friend" of Lino's). There is no content in Lino's post that explicitly states or implicitly suggests the message is from or on behalf of anyone other than Lino himself. Nor does Lino's being an employee of LW3DG in ANY manner equate to meaning all posts from Lino's personal FB account are automatically "on behalf of LW3DG".

As it stands, what was posted technically isn't even evidence that Lino emailed Ikeda, let alone that there was any email dialogue between Ikeda and LW3DG.

MichaelT
10-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Wow, this is getting quite ridiculous. What evidence of an email dialogue between LW3DG and Ikeda do you mean?

Lino's comment to Ikeda was "check your email". That's all. It was posted from Lino's personal FB account, and posted to Ikeda's (whose account is listed as a personal "friend" of Lino's). There is no content in Lino's post that explicitly states or implicitly suggests the message is from or on behalf of anyone other than Lino himself. Nor does Lino's being an employee of LW3DG in ANY manner equate to meaning all posts from Lino's personal FB account are automatically "on behalf of LW3DG".

As it stands, what was posted technically isn't even evidence that Lino emailed Ikeda, let alone that there was any email dialogue between Ikeda and LW3DG.

More like two friends chatting than anything else..

Spinland
10-04-2016, 04:01 AM

No more ridiculous than your "absolute" statement with np apparent evidence to back such a strong assertion. That requires but a single counterexample, and I still contend "that is all" most certainly fits despite your attempt to belittle it.

The evidence of contact, and Lino's position, are already established. As I clearly pointed out, the actual content is not relevant in this case. The flat, extreme statement of absolutely no contact with no basis is.

You can take whatever you like from that situation, but I stand by my comments. Have a lovely day. :D

Spinland
10-04-2016, 04:05 AM
More like two friends chatting than anything else..

Very possible, but contact is contact. Words have meanings, simple as that. I see a good deal of hyperbole amid the rampant baseless speculation here and now and then I'm motivated to step in and seek to correct some of it. It's on me, but there it is.

hrgiger
10-04-2016, 04:11 AM
Lino contacted me on Skype last week. I guess now Im involved in LW development.

There is nothing there folks. David is on his own now.

Spinland
10-04-2016, 04:15 AM
Lino contacted me on Skype last week. I guess now Im involved in LW development.

UGH! That's not what I was saying! David was in contact with someone from LW3DG. Full stop. He was quite possibly making arrangements to adopt a puppy; it doesn't matter.

If this misuse of language doesn't bother anyone else, and folks are going to keep leaping to crazy conclusions—sometimes defensively—based on my quibble over a demonstrably overstated assertion, I have no recourse but to smile, throw up my hands, and get more coffee.

I'm done with this thread, it has indeed become ridiculous (but not by my doing). Love to all. :D

kyuzo
10-04-2016, 05:09 AM
Five pages of posts from "check your email".

If nothing else, it proves that folks here are VERY creative and imaginative...

:)

rustythe1
10-04-2016, 05:31 AM
who knew LWG3D could produce so much entertainment by just being silent!

Ryan Roye
10-04-2016, 05:34 AM

Meet our new modeling developer. I guess Viktor's programming talk finally rubbed off on you. Congrats!

hrgiger
10-04-2016, 06:50 AM
Meet our new modeling developer. I guess Viktor's programming talk finally rubbed off on you. Congrats!
Thanks Ryan. Its great to be on the team. I just wish I could have known about it before last week, I would have finished my computer science degree.

Oedo 808
10-04-2016, 06:59 AM
Thanks Ryan. Its great to be on the team. I just wish I could have known about it before last week, I would have finished my computer science degree.

Don't worry, you can study it over the next few years while the LWG refuse to let you develop for Modeler, spend a couple of weeks writing ShronoCculpt then go back to studying. Congratulations!! :eek:

50one
10-04-2016, 07:45 AM

So, they have time to post on Facebook and talk on Skype to folks....I thought they were so extra busy that there's no time for this :D

rustythe1
10-04-2016, 08:55 AM
facebook and skype stay logged in, the blog will need a password, time they don't have to waste,

hypersuperduper
10-04-2016, 09:09 AM
All of this stuff needs to be moved to a sticky thread titled Lightwave kremlinology.

kopperdrake
10-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, led by 50one the LightWave UK users group get ready for the imminent release of LW Next...

http://www.cy8cy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Pang-Kun-and-his-48-friends-wear-their-carrot-costumes-before-he-proposes-to-his-girlfriend.jpg

Oedo 808
10-04-2016, 10:23 AM
Ha, no wonder they're looking a little... overripe, someone should tell them it's not imminent.

Seem like quite a normal bunch, for LightWave users.

50one
10-04-2016, 12:20 PM
I wish this forum had a "like" button under each post.

Waiting for the release like:

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2016/08/afp_fl7v1.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=940&h=1412

gamedesign1
10-04-2016, 08:10 PM
I would love to see David get funding for his app. I would help contribute if he had a kickstarter.

hrgiger
10-04-2016, 09:38 PM
I would love to see David get funding for his app. I would help contribute if he had a kickstarter.

I suggested to David over a year ago that he should do a paid beta or kickstarter or something along those lines but I think he is uncomfortable with the idea.

gamedesign1
10-04-2016, 10:16 PM
I suggested to David over a year ago that he should do a paid beta or kickstarter or something along those lines but I think he is uncomfortable with the idea.

I can understand that, it can be an added pressure

jwiede
10-04-2016, 10:18 PM

Until he's absolutely certain he can commit the time, effort, and resources needed to bring the app to release quality in a timely manner, being uncomfortable about taking customers' money seems like the appropriate reaction. There are just too many (highly probable) issues which could arise between where he's at now and final app release, and which could seriously delay or even kill the project.

If we're talking about just further funding his development, without expectations of receiving anything later, then setting up something like a "gofundme" (or whatever they're called) or a non-commitment indiegogo project would make more sense. That way folks can just send some money his way to help him get by while developing the project on his own -- I'd certainly donate to something like that, and I suspect others would as well.

samurai_x
10-05-2016, 12:14 AM
So, they have time to post on Facebook and talk on Skype to folks....I thought they were so extra busy that there's no time for this :D

They're busy but that's certainly not the reason they don't post about lw next. They post at other places on other topics.
Gag order is in place.

hrgiger
10-05-2016, 03:03 AM
If we're talking about just further funding his development, without expectations of receiving anything later, then setting up something like a "gofundme" (or whatever they're called) or a non-commitment indiegogo project would make more sense. That way folks can just send some money his way to help him get by while developing the project on his own -- I'd certainly donate to something like that, and I suspect others would as well.

I think David is just uncomfortable in general with the idea of money. David is a very smart and talented programmer but I think lacks confidence and I fear in the end he may charge too little in the end to sustain himself because I don't think he sees the true value in his work to others.

gamedesign1
10-05-2016, 04:01 PM
I think David is just uncomfortable in general with the idea of money. David is a very smart and talented programmer but I think lacks confidence and I fear in the end he may charge too little in the end to sustain himself because I don't think he sees the true value in his work to others.

Yeah I can totally understand that

jeric_synergy
10-05-2016, 06:15 PM

::extreme eyeroll: Possibly true: still ludicrous.

tyrot
10-05-2016, 07:37 PM
he needs brad "the 3D ruiner " peebler .. !