PDA

View Full Version : Toaster Live Switch Captur

jeremy092288
12-13-2003, 10:09 PM
I am capturing my Live swith in the toaster and it doesn't seem to be capturing my DVE fades from the switcher.

Why is this?

RomainR
12-13-2003, 10:12 PM
Make sure that you're capturing the program out and not a specific input or main in.

jeremy092288
12-13-2003, 10:33 PM
I might have been using the main input but it was definately showing the two different inputs when I cut it.

I'll check that tommorow.

Also,

I have two cameras and a computer and I am running a live worship service. The computer controls the lyric display and PowerPoint that I am Keying in. Also I have a DVD player coming into my Toster. Is it possible to see all four of these inputs at once?

I do not want to have to buy LCD monitors if at all possible but I will if thats the only option.

I basically want a VT vision monitor that can view induvidual inputs.

wvp
12-14-2003, 07:48 AM
It is not possible to see four inputs on the toaster at once.
The toaster accepts 2 inputs at a time (Program & Preview). [allthough it can accept more inputs via firewire, the interface does not support assigning TVisions to these seperate from the switcher]
If you want to see all four inputs you can buy a Quad Splitter (http://www.smarthome.com/7720cl.html) and some BNC "T" connectors. Loop the cameras through this splitter to the toaster. Then you can have all 4 images on one monitor instead of buying 4 seperate ones.

eon5
12-15-2003, 08:32 AM
i need to do Live Switch Captur in locations, with a movil truck.

i need a genlock ?

or the VT brings sync to any cameras without it ?

any help is welcome

jeremy092288
12-15-2003, 08:45 AM
I am actually running my VT[3] mobile right now and the genlock that is in the toaster itself works great

Paul Lara
12-15-2003, 09:08 AM
Eon,
Whether you need genlock is based only on whether VT must synch to another swticher or to house synch. If so, then yes.

If VT is the center of your mobile truck, however, and all cameras come directly to VT, it will internally genlock all incoming sources.

eon5
12-15-2003, 11:20 AM
- About the cameras:

Must have CCU ?

Jim_C
12-15-2003, 11:30 AM
>> About the cameras:
>>Must have CCU ?

Not a must, but sure is nice.
When we use the T3 as a separate dsk into our switcher in the truck it has to be genlocked using the additional add on card.

For using the T3 as a source into the switcher or as a capture device from the switcher, it does not need the sync.

Jim

Alamovideo
12-18-2003, 06:22 PM
Need ccu?

One of the nice features of the Proc Amp is it can be set to adjust preview on the fly. Once you've set an input, it will stay that way until you change it again. If you already have CCUs, fine use them, but if you don't you're fine.

One of my favorite features:)

Hope this is some help

Greg