PDA

View Full Version : 460 Multiview Issues

WE-TV
09-21-2016, 04:01 PM
Hi,

Running a Tricaster 460 that was upgraded from a Tricaster 455. We've had issues for a bit in running two monitors.

If we plug a DVI monitor only into the display port (was originally covered by a screwed in plate), it won't run the Tricaster program. It needs a monitor plugged in to the HDMI to run. If we have a monitor plugged into the HDMI, it runs as the main monitor and the DVI monitor can only be run as an extra monitor (which is good for replay). Unfortunately that means I cannot run multi-view. Because it's an upgrade 455 it only has one real spot for a HDMI plug and I guess the NVIDIA card only recognizes the HDMI.

We do have two DVI ports, one being next to the HDMI (DVI Monitor Port User Interface) but it seems like that port doesn't work at all when we plug it in. Will we need that port repaired? Is that the port it needs to be plugged into to get a multi-view? There is a VGA next to the DVI that does work, but would the VGA be recognized by the NVIDIA?

It's frustrating to do shoots without multiview on the 460 (we can do it on the Mini) but at least we got the plate off to do a second monitor for replay. Would love to figure out why we can't run two monitors for multiview though.

Thanks!
WE-TV
[email protected]

kanep
09-21-2016, 04:31 PM
You need to have a monitor connected to the nVidia card for TriCaster to function. Both the HDMI and the DVI on the card should work, if one of the ports doesn't then you need to contact NewTek Customer Support.

http://newtek.com/contact-us.html

speaker2a
09-22-2016, 12:05 PM
I have a 455 that has been upgraded to a 460 and now to AE2. I've had two Dell 24" monitors plugged into the HDMI and DVI ports. One monitor has the TriCaster interface and the other the multiview. I've also used the HDMI output (located near the video connectors) for a 3rd monitor showing the program out. All this has worked great. I'll check tonight to see which monitor I used for which function.

Mark

speaker2a
09-24-2016, 04:17 PM
Update. I'm using the DVI output for the TriCaster interface but it is easy in the software to swap the monitors.