PDA

View Full Version : Scene: Cottage in the meadow

otacon
12-13-2003, 09:11 PM
This is a scene i've been working on for a while and finally finished it up. Comments would be greatly appreciated!

hrgiger
12-14-2003, 02:19 AM
It's a great render.

I guess the only thing I would say is every brick looks perfectly square and every shingle neatly placed and even the well is perfect in it's construction. In other words, does Bob Villa live there?:)

It just looks too perfect for a cottage in the meadows. Perhaps you could add some chips to the block, some discoloration on the shingles from both weather and birds, stuff like that. Just a thought.

arnoldawson
12-14-2003, 03:18 AM
I like it a lot except for the tree on the left, looks a bit straight up an stiff. Great sky too.

Would very much like to know how you did the corn/grass in the foreground. Is it an image map or Sasquatch?

knuckles644
12-14-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by hrgiger
It's a great render.

I guess the only thing I would say is every brick looks perfectly square and every shingle neatly placed and even the well is perfect in it's construction. In other words, does Bob Villa live there?:)

It just looks too perfect for a cottage in the meadows. Perhaps you could add some chips to the block, some discoloration on the shingles from both weather and birds, stuff like that. Just a thought.

Have you ever seen Bob Villa lay a brick? I have. Trust me, it isn't a pretty sight.

As for the scene I think it can be best described as "picturesque":) Good job.

cathuria
12-14-2003, 08:26 AM
A very nice scene -- I like it:)

I agree that both the brick & shingle texture would benefit from a little noise or variation. I'd also recommend playing with the exposure to bring out the contrast more. And the top floor window looks like it's buried in the roof -- it needs better framing or something...

otacon
12-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the replies! Variation is key word i got from the comments, so i guess i need to change the shingles and bricks around. The grass is made with sasquatch. The tree was rushed. The top window does need framing, ill work on that.