PDA

View Full Version : Speed Modeling Challenge #276 - Drums/Drum Set

NeonZ
09-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Well, there wasn't a particular "winner" chosen for #275 since we didn't receive any response from Wittypop. I also didn't receive any input from our contributors regarding the next topic. So, to keep this thing rolling, here's the new topic.

Rules:
1. Every week there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit. You should spend no longer than the allocated time, then post a render of your model. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modelling times is essential. How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.
2. Post a wire-frame and a render at 800x600 or larger. (For wireframe help go to: http://www.artssphere.com/plugins/polygoncoloring.php
3. LightWave must be used for modelling. 3rd party Plug-ins are allowed.
4. You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.
5. Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.
6. The winner will get the chance to set the subject of the next challenge.

This week's challenge : Drums or Drum Set

Can be one drum or a set, but don't let this challenge "beat" you! Focus on the drums. Stands and cymbals can be built outside of the allotted time if you want to make a set.

Modeling Time : 120 minutes.

Challenge Ends: 12:00 PM PST - Wednesday 28th of September 2016

THE RHYTHM STARTS.....NOW!

Farhad_azer
09-26-2016, 02:21 PM
Thanks NeonZ, i will enetr ASAP,

you did a good job starting this thread.

Farhad_azer
09-28-2016, 12:44 PM
47 Minutes for doing this, i will finish the model and render tomorrow so i wanted to ask for one more day (like always always) if possible.

NeonZ
09-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Modeling - 98 minutes
Texture, Setup, and Rendering - A bit more!
One Reference image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Bass_drum.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, we'll probably give it one or two more days. I'll look into ways we might be able to encourage participation! Thanks for the drum set.

NeonZ
09-29-2016, 08:12 PM
Would extending this type of challenge to two weeks make more sense? I haven't gone back through past Challenges prior to 274 to see what the typically timing was, but I'm curious to see what others in our LW Community think. I know there's been a drop-off in general activity here since the forum crash earlier this year, but I'd like to see more participation here. Having two weekends available during a Challenge might help out, but what do you think? Send in your thoughts here. If necessary, I can start a dedicated thread to a discussion about the Modeling Challenge. Looking forward to hearing from you, especially sense talking to oneself is generally not a good sign!

Farhad_azer
09-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Hi NeonZ and thank you for trying to keep this part of forum alive,

your drum is awesome and truly deserves to be declared as winner but i am not the judge and you probably can not declare urself as winner.

I had technical difficulties with my compuetr and i did not do my best BUTTTT this is not justification and i say it outload that I DID A BIG MISTAKE by not doing my best. shame on me.

unstable and mTp are two of the most individuals that participate and take this seriously and i wanted to ask them to help us more.

how stupid i was thinking that we will have other users who enters.

I wanted to ask you to extend this forone more week so we can start again.

again, very ashamed of not doing my one hundered percent effort.

will you plz accept my request for extendin dear NeonZ?

NeonZ
09-30-2016, 05:37 PM
Hey Farhad_azer, no problem! I'd rather see more submissions than meet a deadline. Art over project management timelines! Hopefully others have a chance to participate over the weekend. I know a lot of LightWavers here in the U.S. were busily prepping for the Election Debate this past Monday, so maybe now they have a little more time to get back to important matters like modeling!!! :D

And thanks for your kind words regarding my model. I'm not running for election and can't declare myself the winner. So we'll wait and see who else might post something. Have a good weekend.

bellmore
10-01-2016, 01:57 AM
Yes, one more week would be great. I think before the forum crash that the challenges were two weeks long. And yes, great model there NeonZ.

NeonZ
10-04-2016, 06:56 PM
That's fine. Hopefully we'll have another submission or two by the end of this week. Future Challenges will be 2 weeks or so. Having a regular schedule would also help with consistency :)

Exclaim
10-06-2016, 09:24 PM
They aren't perfect, but I'm an amateur so here they are. Bongos! I'll get to the texturing hopefully tomorrow.

~120 mins

Exclaim
10-07-2016, 07:50 PM
They aren't perfect, but I'm an amateur so here they are. Bongos! I'll get to the texturing hopefully tomorrow.

~120 mins
Okay completed.134731

NeonZ
10-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Thanks Exclaim! Very nice bongos. I'd say this model is more than what I'd expect from an amateur, so don't sell yourself short. And if you've only been using LightWave for a short while, it goes to show how quickly this tool can be picked up and used to create some nice models.

If anyone else in the LW Community wants to post, we'll wrap this up on tomorrow afternoon Pacific Time. For voting, you can post who you think is the "winner" for this challenge or private message me. Hopefully we'll have a new challenge available on Monday!

Farhad_azer
10-09-2016, 07:24 AM
134737 134738

Hi again,

this time it took 65 minutes for modeling and about 15 minutes for finishing the job.

This is "Qoasha Nagara" an Azerbaijani instrument and is mostly accompanied by Nagara another instrument).

Sorry for such a delay, i was really busy but i had promised to enter and do my best.

Thank you NeonZ for this challenge and your work on continuing this contest.