PDA

View Full Version : DP Sun + Lens flare = extra circle?

1r0nman
09-15-2016, 01:30 PM
Trying to add a lens flare to DP sun light, as shown below. The flare looks good, but there seems to be a residual orange circle left over. Anyone ever run into this?

RudySchneider
09-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Ummm, you wanted lens flare. You GOT lens flare! That's what that orange circle IS!

MonroePoteet
09-15-2016, 02:58 PM
If you have Lens Reflections enabled in the Lens Flare Options=>Reflections tab it might produce such an artifact. Try turning off Lens Reflections.

mTp

prometheus
09-15-2016, 03:48 PM
Ummm, you wanted lens flare. You GOT lens flare! That's what that orange circle IS!

We need to distinguish them apart.
Lensflare reflections hitting camera and render..
And the flare from lights such as sun or cars.

Since the user just wanted the solar star flare, one could assume that is all:D

as Monroepoteet mentioned, turn of the lens reflections in the lights lensflare panel and in the reflection tab...if you do not want reflecions as in the image posted by 1r0nman

But..THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE..

The big sun we can se with red outer glow is the actual lensflare ..not the dp sun disc, and the small yellow spot Is the actual sun disc.
you need to match the flare with the sun, the spot seen is the actual sundisc in the dp sunsky.
you need to fix that with going to the lights motion panel "m" and add the sk_sun sun motion and preferably change distance to something like 6 or 60 km, that will bring the sunflare to match the sundisc properly, you could also turn of the sundisc in the dp sunsky..but that is not the proper way to do it.

1r0nman
09-16-2016, 07:33 AM
Ah, thanks for the replies all! Will try that. Yeah I was looking for the solar flare, not the lens flare I guess. Thanks for the direction here!

prometheus
09-16-2016, 08:02 AM
Ah, thanks for the replies all! Will try that. Yeah I was looking for the solar flare, not the lens flare I guess. Thanks for the direction here!

Well..the solar disc in dp sunsky can have glow..if you crank it up a lot, but it will not have any streaks or starpoint glare as you can see on top of the solar disc, so you ideally would like to have that anyway, maybe also consider using post processing flares like optimal flares for after effects or similar, though I do not have that myself
If you want that star flare in the sun ..you would have to add this sunsky sunmotion modifier in the lights motion tab, see my settings.

you can see some settings here...where I got many panels open, including the motion options and the sk sunsky sunmotion (not sunspot..which is lw sun motion modifier to set realisticly according to locations)
by default sk_sunsky light is set to use locations, which means rotation control can not be used, therefore I mostly uncheck that and use manual control ..there is a check box for that which allows you to rotate sunlight as any other item, I find it easier to control light this way.

note..there is a script with the dp sunsky that should set up even the flare I think, without you having to do it manually...itīs the add sunsky script..
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/Sunsky.html
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/Add_Sunsky.zip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxmCg6dPHGc&index=6&list=PLdaQ-nxd0g2dAB9HoRi9prVqaUh0b_w63

There is some issues with using the sundisc in dp sunsky, it is a postprocessing effect, thus the sundisc will be imposed over objects in the foreground, the solution would be to turn it off, then you are only left with the lensflare..so the system isnīt ideal, neither doesn the lensflare automaticly fade down when pitch is lowered..so compared to vue or terragen it doesnīt behave realisticly enough.