PDA

View Full Version : Telestrator Workaround- Help Needed. Desperately.

rcalcat50
09-14-2016, 01:55 PM
Desperately NEED a workaround / help on the following issue-

I am attempting to connect my NDI Telestrator & Live TExt (each obviously on different Laptops) to my Tricaster.

I have a 10/100/1000 Switch that I set up for my Tricaster Subnetwork

I simply plug Cat5 from Tricaster > Switch , Laptop with Telestrator > Switch & Laptop with LiveText > Switch.
I then Plug a Cat5 from Switch to Wall Drop for Internet feed.

After numerous attempts I seem to have discovered the following:

I Can get everything working dandy when I have the Cat5 plugged into wall jack. All 3 machines can see the web, and the Apps in all 3 talk to each other. Life is Dandy.

I then try to test the system WITHOUT the Cat5 into the wall for the internet. All other Cat5 Still in the switch. This is where things fall apart. LiveText becomes iffy at best, and Telestrator WILL NOT receive Live Video inside the app from Tricaster. Life is Lousy.

kltv
09-14-2016, 02:09 PM
You probably need some sort of manual IP addressing without that wall connection. Do your computers use DHCP or do you have manual IP addresses assigned to them? When you unplug the switch from the wall, you are probably removing ability to reach the router that would provide IP addresses to your machines automatically. In the absence of that a switch alone will not do that. If you manually assign IP addresses to each device that might solve your problem.

Kris

kanep
09-15-2016, 07:34 AM
You probably need some sort of manual IP addressing without that wall connection. Do your computers use DHCP or do you have manual IP addresses assigned to them? When you unplug the switch from the wall, you are probably removing ability to reach the router that would provide IP addresses to your machines automatically. In the absence of that a switch alone will not do that. If you manually assign IP addresses to each device that might solve your problem.

Kris

Yes, either he needs to set static IP address when using the switch but not connected to the house network OR use a home network router (with gigabit ports) for the times he will be running standalone, then the router can provide DHCP to all of the clients.