PDA

View Full Version : What is the output from VS4000?

Bruce A Johnson
09-14-2016, 07:54 AM
Working on setting up a studio for a nonprofit. Leaning towards Newtek, but it seems hard to get detailed info on how various devices function.

My TalkShow question is this:

If I jack the VS4000 into a Tricaster 460 via Ethernet, how many of the four streams can I see at one time? Do all of them map to different buttons on the switcher? If not, how do you select them?

Thanks in advance -

SBowie
09-14-2016, 08:39 AM
... but it seems hard to get detailed info on how various devices function.This is where it becomes really handy to work with a knowledgeable reseller or integrator.

If I jack the VS4000 into a Tricaster 460 via Ethernet, how many of the four streams can I see at one time? Do all of them map to different buttons on the switcher? If not, how do you select them?Running Advanced Edition (you'll want this optional add-on in this scenario), you can assign the four VS-4000 channel outputs to any of the first eight Switcher buttons. You will probably also want to supply a program return video to the VS-4000. You can also set up four independent mono mix-minuses using an Aux bus on the TriCaster, and supply those with the return video.

So, summing up, that's four TalkShow output streams to TriCaster, 1 return output stream to VS-4000, all handled nicely and simultaneously on a single gigabit network connection. NDI is so freaking cool ... :)

JPulera
09-14-2016, 09:07 AM
Hi Bruce,

If you happen to be located in WI, we'd love to be resource for you as a local Newtek dealer. Please let me know if I can assist with any questions or perhaps a demo of TriCaster and TalkShow.

Thank you

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers
Milwaukee, WI
800-544-6599