PDA

View Full Version : Show Polygon Selection

gamedesign1
09-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Hi All

Does anyone know how to access the Show Polygon Selection option in the Display Options panel via Python?
I want to be able to change it without having to keep opening the panel.

erikals
09-11-2016, 11:53 AM
subscription to this thread added :)

that'd be great, many times i've wished for this or something similar, like on/off grid snap.

gamedesign1
09-11-2016, 12:33 PM

that'd be great, many times i've wished for this or something similar, like on/off grid snap.

+ 1

ernpchan
09-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Not sure this is possible. Never come across Modeler display options in the sdk documentation.

jeric_synergy
09-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Not sure this is possible. Never come across Modeler display options in the sdk documentation.
I looked, fwiw, and didn't find anything. I surely hope there's more control over the UI itself in upcoming iterations. Do you think that message got thru?

ernpchan
09-11-2016, 10:30 PM
I surely hope there's more control over the UI itself in upcoming iterations. Do you think that message got thru?

Submit a feature request just in case.

Sensei
09-11-2016, 10:51 PM
Such things are not possible even in C/C++ LWSDK, so Python the more cannot..

jeric_synergy
09-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Submit a feature request just in case.
One of the THOUSANDS of requests I've made?

gamedesign1
09-12-2016, 07:21 AM
i am so curious about what is going to be in the next release. It looks like they are merging the two apps eventually, but from the 'Borg' analogy it looks like they are just updating Layout and still relying on Modeler as it is for now. And then in future releases more and more modeler tools will be introduced into Lightwave Next eventually leaving Modeler redundant. Which means for a while there will be the old SDK and the new SDK to develop for. are you guys thinking the same?

tburbage
10-29-2016, 03:52 PM

+1 to a grid snap toggle which could have a hotkey assigned to it, be assigned to a button.

jwiede
02-06-2017, 03:35 PM
I think adding controls over general prefs like that would be useful as well, esp. display options like grid toggle/params/etc.

OTOH, Viktor implementing parallel grid infrastructure/controls for LWCAD suggests there may be technical blockers behind the scenes preventing Newtek/LW3DG from exposing via LWSDK. I suspect a lot of it is just floating around as global/module state in Modeler, and thus they don't feel they can safely expose via LWSDK without high risk of breakage.