PDA

View Full Version : Too much noise in highlight reflections

pekka varis
09-10-2016, 01:13 AM
I have a problem with reflections of a glass material + textured environment.

My rendering lasts forever and still there are very annoying noise grains in highlight reflections.

So I have just a default "Glass 3" material from Surface preset library, and on a standard ball surface this works just ok, and rendering time is quite fast, see the image:

But then the same material on same scene gives me bad noise on highlights on my working object:

My settings are basicly:

Textured environment image ON

Global Illumination:
Radiosity ON
Importance sampling ON

Camera tab on Render Globals:
Mix samples: 15
Max samples: 25

On top of this noise I get, the rendering time also goes really slow. So I am out of tricks here!

What can I do to get these highlight reflections not that noisy?

Yours,
Pekka

pekka varis
09-14-2016, 02:02 AM
i have dropped out the caustics since I could not get decent results with 4K rendering in reasonable time..
Also I am a bit suprised that nobody answered me here?
I studied all tutorials in web about usage of caustics with 2015 - I limited the dynamic range, I tried to find the perfect min/max sampling. But still, with environment texture + glass surface + caustics I got this horrible noise on detailed reflections on my glass.

Here is images of this project WITHOUT caustics.

I hope I can find a way to use caustics again when I have money and time to invest to Octane for Lightwave.

Pekka

Ztreem
09-14-2016, 02:46 AM
In your first render I would activate limit dynamic range and set the camera addaptive sampling to min 1 and max 128 and see what happens.

cherishjoo
05-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Is the problem solved?

pekka varis
05-08-2017, 12:21 AM
Yes, I basically learned the idea of adaptive sampling, min max things and thing started to work fine.. Thanks for the help again!!