PDA

View Full Version : Including webex audience in a live webcast

Claude_bou
09-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Hi there,
I'm not familiar at all with Webex service but I would like to Know if I can include a Webex webinar into my live webcast.
I've done it with Skype but do not know Webex
If so, what are the step to achieve one.

Thanks you for your input.

Claude

kanep
09-08-2016, 06:47 PM
Hi there,
I'm not familiar at all with Webex service but I would like to Know if I can include a Webex webinar into my live webcast.
I've done it with Skype but do not know Webex
If so, what are the step to achieve one.

Thanks you for your input.

Claude

I've done something similar with GoToMeeting, and the workflow should be the same for Webex.

In the case I've done, it was mostly audio that I needed to get from the GoToTraining callers into the production. I used NDI Scan Converter (along with VB Cable) to get the audio from the computer running Webex/GoToMeeting converted into NDI format, which then was available into TriCaster. iVGA Pro could be used in place of NDI Scan Convter if you are running an older TriCaster model.

To get the return back from TriCaster into GoToTraining, you have a few options. If you want to get video and audio back into the Webex/GoToMeeting presentation then:

1. If the TriCaster has NDI output support, then you can use NDI Transmit application to send the TriCaster output via NDI to the Webex/GoToMeeting system.

2. If it is an older TriCaster system without NDI support, you can use a Magewell HDMI or SDI to USB3 dongle to converter a physical TriCaster output into that computer. Make sure the Webex/GoToMeeting computer has a USB3 interface if going this route.

If all that is needed is audio, you could take an analog output from the TriCaster and adapt it into the sound card input of the Webex/GoToTraining system.

In all cases, make sure a mix-minus channel in the TriCaster is created that includes all audio except the Webex/GoToMeeting audio to that those listeners don't get their own audio reflected back to themselves. If you need to make multiple mix-minus channels for camera talent as well, Advanced Edition 2 will be a good upgrade to help with this.

Claude_bou
09-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Thank you very Kanep
Very usefulle tip