PDA

View Full Version : PTZ Optics Camera

imryh
09-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Hello.

Has anyone out there used a PTZOptics camera with their Tricaster?
We got one today, but can't seem to have it controlled from the Tricaster using the IP protocol.
The camera will be far away, so we'd rather stay away from RS232, etc. Any idea if IP control should work?

Thanks.

Imry

SBowie
09-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Hi Imry. I don't think the current TC release version has specific support for controlling PTZ Optics cameras over IP. As the good Dr. has posted elsewhere in the forums, though, we are going to be releasing a complete overhaul of the PTZ implementation soon. Of course I can't talk about what's in it yet, but I will say that I have a personal interest in getting PTZ Optics support in there ... no promises though, of course. Apart from that, of course, you can provide IP control from a laptop on the same network.

imryh
09-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Thanks!

JPulera
09-08-2016, 10:44 AM
I've been using controller adapters from Rocosoft.com that convert RS-232 to USB, and cabling between camera and TriCaster is simply CAT5, with single USB into TriCaster. Currently working on an install with 7 PTZ cameras, all controlled with a single USB into TriCaster.

Single camera VISCA - http://www.rocosoft.com/ptz-control-products/ptz-camera-control-adapters/pc-tricaster-single-camera-connection/usb-visca-rs232-control-cable-extendable

Multi-camera VISCA - http://www.rocosoft.com/ptz-control-products/ptz-camera-control-adapters/pc-tricaster-multi-camera-connection/universal-rs-232-control-set

I'm not sold on IP control for the simple fact that I'm not good at networking - do I really want those kind of headaches affecting my camera control, or do I want a fool-proof dedicated connection for my PTZ control? Network is having issues, doesn't affect me!

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor

imryh
09-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Hi Jeff.

Thanks for the info. We do have two other PTZ cameras (both Sonys) which we control using RS-232 on Cat-5 to USB into Tricaster.
However, this camera will be very far away, and the only connection between Tricaster and the camera (besides BNC) is Ethernet (not dedicated Cat-5, but just Ethernet).
The camera won't be controlled live during broadcasts, just for pre-game setup. So latency in control is not an issue.

Thanks.

Imry

SBowie
09-08-2016, 11:48 AM
Whatever else might be said, I personally believe we will get this, and I believe it will be quite 'snappy', too. I've been wrong before ... but not always. :)

kanep
09-08-2016, 12:29 PM
we are going to be releasing a complete overhaul of the PTZ implementation soon.

Steve, if this the same PTZ 'overhaul' that is in IP Series product, all I can say is WOW! I just tried it out with a Panasonic HE130 camera at our IBC booth.

SBowie
09-08-2016, 12:55 PM
If you're happy, I'm happy. :)

kanep
09-08-2016, 06:53 PM
I was showing all of the other NewTek SE's how good the performance is with the PTZ systems on the IP Series products. They were all impressed, there is no latency when using the control surface joystick or UI control to move the PTZ camera.

DVE
10-05-2016, 09:57 AM
I was showing all of the other NewTek SE's how good the performance is with the PTZ systems on the IP Series products. They were all impressed, there is no latency when using the control surface joystick or UI control to move the PTZ camera.

Following these PTZ developments with great interest!

Red Dog Records
10-05-2016, 08:09 PM
Following these PTZ developments with great interest!

We are as well.
We are using one of the PTZ Optics cameras and can't wait for single cable integration with our 460AE2. Running a single CAT5/6 to the camera would be excellent.

Right now, PTZ Optics has an IP control solution, but it involves installing some software on the Tricaster. I shudder every time I even THINK about installing third party software on the tricaster.

They have a video about it here: http://ptzoptics.com/tricaster-integration/

Looking forward to more updates!

Andrew