PDA

View Full Version : New ZeroBoneRotations Plugin

gamedesign1
09-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Hi All

Here's another plugin I made today that some of you might find helpful.
You basically select the mesh and it loops through all the bones and records all the pivot rotations so they are all set to 0,0,0.

Zero Bone Rotations (https://ufile.io/02452)

djwaterman
09-02-2016, 10:58 PM
Sounds cool, but the download site provokes a warning from my browser. Can it be uploaded to the Newtek attachments?

bobakabob
09-03-2016, 02:06 AM
Thanks for these plugins - very helpful and generous. Might be better to zip and upload here as there are warnings when accessing from your site.

Doesn't resting bones in Layout switch rotations to 0? This is essential in Maya for CA, but funnily enough I've never checked in Layout. If not, very useful indeed :)

JohnMarchant
09-03-2016, 02:23 AM
Again, Big Red Flag when going to this site.

gamedesign1
09-03-2016, 02:46 AM
Thanks for these plugins - very helpful and generous. Might be better to zip and upload here as there are warnings when accessing from your site.

Doesn't resting bones in Layout switch rotations to 0? This is essential in Maya for CA, but funnily enough I've never checked in Layout. If not, very useful indeed :)

Yeah it does

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the plugin again

gamedesign1
09-03-2016, 03:50 AM
Have just noticed that something weird is happening if the heading has been changed. It works fine straight after using convert to skelegons though. I will update it if I find the problem :)
I might even create a version of the plugin that has the convert skelegons function in it as well. The it will do the whole thing in one go. Would that be useful to anyone?

gamedesign1
09-03-2016, 03:59 AM
OK here is a version called SetupSkelegons, it converts the skelegons to bones and then sets all the initial rotations to 0.

Surrealist.
09-03-2016, 08:20 AM
I don't do any rigging in LightWave but it is great you are having a crack at these plugins.

gamedesign1
09-03-2016, 08:46 AM
I don't do any rigging in LightWave but it is great you are having a crack at these plugins.

Thanks, its really interesting. I'm taking at look at the Python SDK to see the differences between that and LScript.

bazsa73
09-03-2016, 09:16 AM

Do you Maya rather? I wonder. Or Blender? I hesitate if I should switch over to Blender for rigging.

Surrealist.
09-03-2016, 11:26 AM
If you are going to animate in LightWave look into RH tools. I don't animate in LightWave for characters for my own projects. I use Maya for rigging and MotionBuilder so I can take advantage of mocap data.

But I can rig in Blender and do it on occasion for clients. I used to use only Blender so that is where that all started. I also do some freelance work with MotionBuilder every now and then. My use of LW now is mostly rendering.