PDA

View Full Version : VT[3] in Emedia Magazine

ScorpioProd
12-13-2003, 01:50 AM
OK, well, just got the latest issue of Emedia Magazine, and there was VT[3] properly listed in their matrix of NLEs. :)

That was good, and then I read through the features...

Ah, do they just pull this stuff out of a hat or do they actually ask Newtek what VT[3] can do? Cause if they asked Newtek's marketing people and got back the answers they printed, someone doesn't really know how VT[3] works... So I figure it must be the magazine and not Newtek's people, but again, I gotta think they would at least be asked...

There were a number of features listed that are plain untrue about VT[3]... And there were at least as many great features that were NOT listed at all... Aura being included was mentioned TWICE, while the full LW 7.5 being included wasn't even mentioned... And for "3D effects" it said "character generator"... Huh???

Of course, since the topic was NLE, live switching wasn't mentioned. Or uncompressed video!

But seriously, I really think Paul Lara should be sending a letter to the magazine's letter page rebutting some of the errors.

Scott Bates
12-13-2003, 06:18 AM
Yup, more than a few things stand out. Just a couple:

Analog Capture Card: Optional
Hardware Board Included: No

And I thought I got a complete system for my $2,995. Guess I'd better go shopping for an I/O card, anyone got any recommendations?
:confused:

Jim_C
12-13-2003, 10:06 AM
Must be print only. Nothing on line at their site.
I did notice this 5 way NLE shoot out.
Of which, the T3 is not one.

http://www.emedialive.com/Articles/ReadArticle.aspx?ArticleID=8066

Jim Capillo
12-13-2003, 12:47 PM
Maybe we should bomb them with emails next...... :p

Jim_C
12-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Boy that would have been a good test to have TEdit in too.
Color correction and keying.
Would have loved to see results stacked up.

Jim

Paul Lara
12-14-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by ScorpioProd
Paul Lara should be sending a letter to the magazine's letter page rebutting some of the errors.

Eugene, could you please scan that article as a PDF?
I want to have it in front of me when I write the letter. :mad:

Thanks!

bradl
12-14-2003, 10:52 AM
Go Get Em Paul!!!

ScorpioProd
12-14-2003, 04:46 PM
I would, Paul, but I'm leaving for 7 days in Park City, UT for a ski trip, so if someone else could...

You don't get Emedia Magazine, Paul? It's a great magazine, optimized for DVD production especially. This is the Dec. issue, though it just came this week.

tmon
12-19-2003, 07:14 PM
I just read the emedia article. FCP got spanked pretty good. I wonder if FCP software would hold up better using one of those Blackmagic Decklink cards....

They really DO deserve a good letter from Paul - geez I guess they didn't get a chance to read the NewTek brochure....

GO PAUL GO!

bradl
12-19-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by taiji
I wonder if FCP software would hold up better using one of those Blackmagic Decklink cards....

I need to go read the article, but we intended on getting Cinewave (maybe Voodoo or AJA). We need SDI I/O and upgradability to HD. I am not familiar with the Blackmagic product but will try to check it out. Real-time is high priority, with about 4 or 5 layers (A/B edits, banner, L/3 & bug) for our long format shows.

tmon
12-19-2003, 11:50 PM
I'm in the same hunt in terms of reviewing FCP/HD solutions (though probably won't have to commit for another 10 months).

This is a NewTek board, but perhaps they won't mind us keeping tabs on the "competition."

http://www.decklink.com/productsdeckhd.asp

bradl
12-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Opps, I meant to post the above in another slightly OT thread (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14892) . Ok so it has become a little more than slightly...