PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Dropdown Item Selector

gamedesign1
09-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Hi all

Does anyone know of a different way of selecting a Goal object for a bone instead of using the dropdown?
My scene is full of bones and so everytime I want to set a Goal etc, I have to scroll through all of the items in the scene to find what I want.
It would be great if the list was a collapsed list, so I didn't get all the bones showing while scrolling through.

hypersuperduper
09-01-2016, 10:25 AM
For that sort of stuff you might be better off using the "assignments" tools at the bottom of the setup tab. That way you can select and assign goals and stuff directly in the viewport.

Sensei
09-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Sounds like plausible to make as 3rd party tool.

prometheus
09-01-2016, 10:28 AM
canīt you filter by name, and if you use scene editor, surely you can collapse the list?
or if you simply select in the opengl viewport.
You may also use schematics, alt-right mouse click and move in shematics viewport, unless you prefer the icons, zoom with mouse wheel, or the icon magnify.
Itīs a pity it isnīt searchable in schematics as I know of anyway.

or if you are using item list nex to properties, then filter by name? or go to actions in item list sort by ascending id?
The item list is only aware of the current object type, and will only present bones if you are in bones selection mode, or ik goals if you are in object mode.

gamedesign1
09-01-2016, 11:05 AM
For that sort of stuff you might be better off using the "assignments" tools at the bottom of the setup tab. That way you can select and assign goals and stuff directly in the viewport.

Brilliant thanks :) Never knew you could do that!