PDA

View Full Version : UV mapping:repeating a radially mapped image X6, while altering only one image: NOOB!

jeric_synergy
08-30-2016, 06:01 PM
I rarely use UV mapping, so excuse the noobishness of this question:

I have a flattish disk, like a coin, and would like to repeatedly radially map a pattern onto this disk, six times. (For demo purposes I'm using the same image 6 times and only want to change ONE image.)

How would one approach this in UV mapping? I can see that I could uv map with a z-projection for the 12:00 wedge, would I then drag the points that make up the other wedges to the appropriate locations in UV space?

Does need to unweld the points that make up the wedges?

lertola2
08-30-2016, 06:13 PM
You can make a UV map using the cylindrical projection for your whole disk edge. Then you can use the Transform UV command to scale the UV map 600% in the U direction. This will make your image repeat 6 times around the disk.

jeric_synergy
08-30-2016, 06:23 PM
.... ya lost me. The image isn't on the SIDE of the "coin", it's on the face of the coin, like a pie wedge.

+++++++++++++
(always good to get back in time (180minutes?) to use the same post.... instead of making post after post after post...)

Here's the effect: as expected, had to move&rotate chunks in UV space:
134243 134245

(I suppose there's some node in DPKit that does this automagically....) Anyway, one JPEG, one image to edit if need be. Huzzah!

Being able to use SKETCH COLOR was quite convenient, made it easy to keep track of selections, but it's sad that SKETCH COLOR does not appear in the UV Texture vuport :confused: :twak: :thumbsdow :