PDA

View Full Version : A dramatic pause

lucca65
12-13-2003, 12:04 AM
I am experiencing a long stutter...I am talking count to 5 or 6....when I am playing out from Tedit or the DDR. The output will freeze, almost like a lock, but with patience it will recover. But it doesn't exactly help me when I am outputting back to tape.

Sometimes it happens consistently, like at the 8 minute mark of a 16 minute video, sometimes it is random.

I tried playing with the prefs of the Tedit and DDR sections with no luck.

I disabled any other piece of hardware I thought might be causing an interrupt (newtork card, 1394 card etc.)

I am running:
Dual Xeon 3.0 processors
2 gigs of ram
200 gig system drive
200 gig backup drive
543 Ultra SCSI radi array
XP Pro with service pack 1
direct x 9.0
Nvidia Geforce video card with latest drivers
VT3 with patch 2.0

Nero express is installed, but doesn't run in the background.
Nvdia desktop manager is off.

TEDIT section in prefs is:
CPU limit 5.0
80 mb/second
Resources are set to high
I created a folder on my v drive for Tedit cache, which is points to

Same setup in DDR section

I also have the PCI bus set to 64 with no limit

Any suggestions would be great. :)

bradl
12-13-2003, 12:38 AM
I have all but solved my studder with green light problems. I lowered my VTEdit Cache CPU limit fairly low (not sure exactly). Now the green light takes much longer, but so far it is fairly accurate. Play around with that, to find the threshold that makes your green light useful. But I would still watch your prints closely for studders...

Jim Capillo
12-13-2003, 08:07 AM
Direct X 9.0b ?

I had some problems with the latest NVidia drivers, so I went back to 44.23, I think. Solved it. If you can't find them, I can email it to you to try.

Try lowering your drives to 70 or 60.

I have dual 2.8's and my CPU is set to 5 and it runs fine, so that should be OK.

Just curious, do you have any packet writing CD Burner stuff on there (EasyCD etc.) ? That's been a problem.

How about listing all the other stuff on the computer......

lucca65
12-14-2003, 12:26 PM
I also have the PCI bus set to 64/no limit,
I tried lowering that but playback stuttered even worse with it set lower.

I do have Nero express installed but my dealer said it shouldn't interfere.

The only other software I have is the Adobe digital video pro pack (audition, encore, after effects pro (minus premiere pro because of sound card issues) And canopus procoder for encoding dvd's.

That's about it.

I also defrag regularly.

I have been working with my dealer on this problem, and it has been a puzzle for him as well.

Thanks again

lucca65
12-14-2003, 12:28 PM
I do have direct x 9b installed?

lucca65
12-21-2003, 12:30 PM
Well, the whole system will be vacationing back at the dealer to see if they can work out the bug.

Thanks