PDA

View Full Version : Sending frames of NDIlib_FourCC_type_BGRX ?

zenvideo.co.uk
08-30-2016, 04:20 AM
Is it possible to send frames with the FourCC type set to NDIlib_FourCC_type_BGRX? And, if so, what other changes need to be made to the NDIlib_video_frame_t structure?

I got the impression that maybe by simply setting the FourCC type to BGRX rather than BGRA then the same BGRA (32bit) data buffer could be used for a Send operation but that the Alpha byte would be ignored (and assumed to be 255=opaque). However, when I do so my app crashes.

Obviously this is a recent addition to the SDK, in which the only BGRX examples seem to relate to the receiving side of things, and the Include file comments (as below) have not been updated to reflect the possibility of three different FourCC values, hence my question.

// This describes a video frame
struct NDIlib_video_frame_t
{ // The resolution of this frame
DWORD xres, yres;

// What FourCC this is with. This can be two values
NDIlib_FourCC_type_e FourCC;

Some further clarification of the use of NDIlib_FourCC_type_BGRX would be appreciated.

SBowie
08-30-2016, 08:55 AM
To avoid any misunderstandings, can I just mention that NewTek's NDI developers do not regularly frequent this forum, which is meant as a means for third-party developers to correspond. Those who are members of the development program all have access to the SDK, which includes the contact details that can be used to direct questions and requests to the NewTek NDI developers. OK, interruption over, back to your conversation. :)

zenvideo.co.uk
08-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Thanks for pointing that out - I've obviously spent too much time dealing with products for which the main avenue for support was the user forum... :) (I've now sent an email)

ACross
01-23-2017, 11:06 AM
I do not know of any issue with BGRX crashing, but if you send me an example ([email protected]) it will be fixed immediately if this is the case.

Andrew

zenvideo.co.uk
01-26-2017, 06:42 AM
I do not know of any issue with BGRX crashing, but if you send me an example ([email protected]) it will be fixed immediately if this is the case.

Andrew
There's no issue now, it was fixed long ago :), but there was an issue when this thread was started back at the end of August last year...

ACross
01-26-2017, 08:15 AM
There's no issue now, it was fixed long ago :), but there was an issue when this thread was started back at the end of August last year...

No problems, I do not follow these forums as closely as I should maybe. I do however always respond on [email protected] pretty much immediately.