PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell 4 is going GPU - vote for LW please !

Pavlov
08-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Maxwell 4 will go GPU+CPU, and it's a great benefit for LW users.
Sadly NL has announced their will to discontinue LW support, so please vote here:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?151295-Maxwell-V4-with-GPU-engine-should-LW-still-be-supported

Best
Paolo

samurai_x
08-29-2016, 08:14 PM
Maybe ask Juanjo Gonzalez to do the connection.
He's already doing Redshift for houdini. (Redsfhift for Lightwave please)
We already know he's a good developer and gives excellent support with octane plugins.

S0nny
08-30-2016, 01:08 AM
We already know he's a good developer and gives excellent support with octane plugins.

He has done Arnold AtoLw also.
Maxwell going gpu dropping the lw support is another sad news for our business, so yes for voting and yes for Juanjo support (well, and yes for Redshift: the more the industry standard, the best).
Even though I don't use maxwell right now, for sure it starts to be appealing in a gpu/hybrid version.

alexos
08-30-2016, 02:46 AM
Err... I did vote, but isn't it a bit pointless to have the poll on the NT forum? I doubt if the NL guys come visit very often...

ADP.

3dworks
08-30-2016, 02:51 AM

as a long year maxwell user, i'm in as well, of course. i've contacted juanjo (the octane plugin developer) already to ask if he could take development over in case NL really drops support. i'm sure he will reply when back from holidays. the problem with this solution would be an additional plugin cost for the end user, but i would consider it better than not having a supported plugin at all, especially if you invested into maxwell already.

the only way to convince NL to keep development, is to show them that this community is alive and interested, so please - if you are reading this - show your support voting at the poll (see first post).

cheers

markus

MichaelT
08-30-2016, 05:54 AM
He has done Arnold AtoLw also.
Maxwell going gpu dropping the lw support is another sad news for our business, so yes for voting and yes for Juanjo support (well, and yes for Redshift: the more the industry standard, the best).
Even though I don't use maxwell right now, for sure it starts to be appealing in a gpu/hybrid version.

Dropping lw support? They didn't have LW to begin with afaik. Have I missed that?

EDIT: Oh, apparently I did. I didn't even know they supported Lightwave. But then I haven't used Maxwell either :)

S0nny
08-30-2016, 06:34 AM
EDIT: Oh, apparently I did. I didn't even know they supported Lightwave. But then I haven't used Maxwell either :)

Yes, and the plugin worked great also, I guess it still works for the current 3.x release of course. I had the opportunity to use it some years ago in a studio I worked for, and imho was another very good example of integration of 3rd parties for LW. Too bad they didn't have enough cpu power at the time to use it more than small product shots.