PDA

View Full Version : I thought I knew but I didn"t! Advice on how to shrink a camera on the scoreboard.

ingeborgdot
08-29-2016, 02:13 PM
I thought I knew how to do it but have forgotten on how to take a camera that is pointing at the scoreboard and shrink it down to play continuously throughout the game. I am running with a Mini standard edition. I am going to keep playing and hopefully it will come back to me but someone on here might have the answer before I remember. :) I saw someone do this last year and it really looked easy and nice.

Radio_TVPat1982
08-29-2016, 02:20 PM
The way I do it is to have it assigned to a DSK. Use you positioner tab to bring up a menu. Then crop the edges and position it. You can also scale it. Make sure you put it on the top layer so it shows up over your scorebug.

You can then create a macro to make them come on screen at the same time. I have AE2 and send mine to a Frame Buffer. Then I use data link to control the score from a separate laptop (without a copy of livetext)

ingeborgdot
08-29-2016, 02:35 PM
I'm not using Livetext at this time. It will just be a video of the scoreboard which will have everything anyone needs. Score, time, quarter etc. I don't have anyone to run livetext yet so this is the alternative. I won't have any scorebugs at this time either. Thanks for the advice. I'll try that now and see what happens.

ingeborgdot
08-29-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by top layer or even how to do that. My ignorance shows. I did get it to work though. I assigned it to DSK 2, sized it and positioned it. It seems to work great. Thanks.

Radio_TVPat1982
08-30-2016, 07:22 AM
Sorry for the confusion. In my reply I had assumed you were doing a scorebug and layering a clock on to it. I had not realized it was the full scoreboard. In this case you can just use the DSK function since it layers on top by default.