PDA

View Full Version : interior1

kuik2c
12-12-2003, 09:20 PM
some interior scenes...pls comment. thanks :)

kuik2c
12-12-2003, 09:27 PM
another view..

kuik2c
12-12-2003, 09:28 PM
another view..

Ender_McFurious
12-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Wow... those are awesome... can't really think of anything to change

bloontz
12-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Nice! The green curtains could use some work, looks a bit too neat, especially at the bottom.

ran205
12-13-2003, 08:19 AM
Holy crap...excellent.

js33
12-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Very nice.
Those are definately gallery material. Have you submitted them yet?

Cheers,
JS

Ziah
12-13-2003, 06:49 PM
this is amazing how long to render and can i see ur wire
(interest is mostly in ur light)

mamurphy
12-13-2003, 08:07 PM
That is an amazing scene. Excellent attention to detail in the furniture.

I agree about the green curtains. They need to have some more droop to them. That material would be thick and weigh a lot.

Also, the vase of roses and bowl of fruit needs a bit of grunge added to the textures. They look a little too clean.

One more thing. I would look at adding a bit of separation between the wood and the marble on the floor. You would want a few millimeters to allow the expansion and contraction of the wood during temperature changes.

Hervé
12-15-2003, 12:36 AM
coul you animate it ?

great job, really great job.....

kuik2c
12-15-2003, 01:50 AM
Thanks guys. here is the wireframe view captured.
# of objects :54, polygons : 854464
Lights: 36 , Images 28

Ray trace in shadows, reflection, refraction and transparency.

Ambient Intensity 20%,
Radiosity : Interpolated 100% , Tolerance 0.4 RPE 3x9, MES 4cm
They were redered in 2362X1500 dpi due to I hv to print in A3 size. Took about 3 and half hours on Dell Pentium Xeon 2.4 dual procesors. 1G Ram.

I'm doing some modification right now on the curtains, floor inlay between timber and marble, and the fruit bowl. :D . will post it soon.

sorry Herve, I might not render any walkthrough coz hv to move on another project. ;)

kuik2c
12-15-2003, 08:17 PM
Here is the new render after did some modifications. and the Radiosity is : Radiosity : Interpolated 100% , Tolerance 0.2 RPE 4X12, MES 2cm
They were redered in 1600X1000 dpi Took about 5 hours this time.:p

Hervé
12-15-2003, 11:23 PM
very great..... hum 5 hours.... so it would give 125 hours for a 1 second animation.... not bad...

Great job.... !!
A Xmas tree would make a nice ambiance.... he he

takkun
12-15-2003, 11:51 PM
very great..... hum 5 hours.... so it would give 125 hours for a 1 second animation.... not bad... If the animation was at 1600x1000. It would take much less at 480p or 720p. But what if instead bake the radiosity.

And, by the way, I'm totally amazed. :)

Hervé
12-15-2003, 11:59 PM
Well I know and thought of it.... well still, it would take ssoooo long, and flickering... baking.... welcome in my nightmare.... ha ha...

Hervé
12-16-2003, 12:06 AM
I am also amazed about Interplated radios., well could nerver ever use it I tried even with a simple cube.... freeze the coimputer each time....

BTW, did you make somthing to the curtain.... it looks like you've used that old method... not bad, but not soooo realistic.... but this is if we want to be Piiiiiiiiiky....

Coz really, I have showed your work to different persons (not involved in 3D stuff) and they all thought it was a photo....

.... and this is terrible sometimes.... I sent my realistic apples to a friend , and he replied " BTW, why did you sned me that stupid picture of apples, no big deal..., then I said , but but but... it's 3D... he said, so what , next time just take a snapshot with a camera... he he

He was more impressed by a stupid cube exploding.... he he

Again, great work....

kuik2c
12-16-2003, 02:37 AM
Hi Herve & takkun, thanks for ur replies.
Tht's true it took too long to render such a image, tht's why I hardly render a walkthrough using radiosity. I tried 720X450 and cut down the setting to 0.5, 2X6 and 5cm. And Ray recurtion limit to 12 (it was 14); it still take 15 mins to render.

By the way, I think the main thing happened on the curtain is i didn't morph it from normal one to it's shape right now to get the correct texture mapping; as u can see the texture doesn't bend toward the shape. I only make it drop more and the bottom part bend up a bit to the center.

Herve, I quite agree to wht u said about the apples story. he he he... cheers!:p

Hervé
12-16-2003, 03:14 AM
15 min. is not too bad.... but then I would be curious to see if it will still be the good settings for an animation... like splochtes, flickering would maybe start to appear.... I mean will appear because of the animation....

It would be interesting enough if you could render a few frames though, just to see if the settings will still be good or if this would need to be increased in terms of rad settings and anti-aliasing.....

Just a thought....

keep up your very good work...

BTW, did you model all the props in this scene espacially for it, or do you have a sort of LW objects data bank...?

kuik2c
12-16-2003, 03:49 AM
It won't be good enough for the animation, as wht u said, splochtes and flickering will appear.
Anyway, the layout just been change again :( and I hv to redo some model and material. i'll try to render a short one after this.

BTW, I did almost all models for this scene except some items like fruit bowl, flowers and latent light was help by my colleauge -- May. Thanks to her :)
Anyway, I hv quite some LW models (interior related)in my libary after working on LW these years. I'll post some other interior scenes in the future. ;)

starbase1
12-16-2003, 05:47 AM
Stunning work.

Perhaps the colouring on the fruit is a bit strong and simple?

Nick

marc
12-16-2003, 08:16 AM
I really like the models, especially the curtains and the chairs. And the material on of the chairs cushions is great, too.

Two things that I would change (an they are the two things that struck me first): I would reduce the reflection of the table tops and floor a bit. And I find the shadows of the chairs on the floors rather confusing. Combined with the reflections they are competing for attention with the real chairs.

Other than that: Great work.

Marc

marc
12-16-2003, 08:21 AM
Oh, and I would add a subtle depth-of-field effect.

Marc

Kuzey
12-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Boy....these are fantastic!!!

Kuzey

object
12-16-2003, 06:40 PM
Great job, nice table varnish, jumps out.

riki
12-17-2003, 01:39 AM
Some sections look too clean and perfect, like the fruit for instance. If you added some blemishes it would add some richness to the image. Otherwise it can look a bit sterile and cold.

kuik2c
12-19-2003, 04:17 AM
Hi guys, here is another update for this interior scene, the client wanted the table in rectangle shape...also remove two center side columns.

:rolleyes: personaly I like the round one, how bout u guys?

I add a little bit of DOF on this one just to look at the effect, but seems not tht obvious. Also some detail on the ceiling.

renatolazzaroni
12-19-2003, 05:18 AM
Amazing pictures ! I like them. The marble and wood textures are so realistic... and to answer your question, I like the round table better.
Just a few comments:
- the Metal of the chandeliers looks a tad too yellowish to me. It makes them look cheap compared with the rest of the room.
- There is strong white highlight in the ceiling domes above the chandeliers. It almost looks like a strong spotlight is up there. I would tone it down a bit.
- I know nothing of architecture, but I am a bit confused about the big square pillar in the middle of the room. It ruins the harmony of the room. Maybe you wanted to create a separation between the 2 tables. If that's the case, I would have done it with a low marble "wall" or something like that. Something less intrusive to the eye.

Anyway, as I said, this is top-notch work.

Renato

Matt
12-19-2003, 05:21 AM
very cool indeed! definately a gallery item :)

mamurphy
12-19-2003, 09:02 AM
As spectacular as the scene is, I think you still need to add A LOT of grunge maps to it. Even the most highly polished table would have surface scratches in it. That goes for the floor, charis, etc...

You might need to dirty some color/texture maps, but I think some dirt/scratch/grunge maps in the specularity/bump channels would really help out the reality.

For help on grunge maps check out the "observations, tutorials, and critiques" section of:
www.dvgarage.com

Still, overall top shelf!:)

kuik2c
12-19-2003, 09:19 PM
:D thanks guys for the comments.

Renatolazzaroni, you are right, the gold look too yellow make it look a bit cheep :p . By the way, tht square pillar is there becoz that's a existing big column over there and have to cover up by something.

Actually I'm working for an interior firm and all these interior perpectives are build according to designers' inputs and clients' feedback. This also answer to Mamurphy why that's so clean for the surfaces; and most client like to see a new and clean interior than a reality one :confused: .
Anyway, thanks for the site. This will help me improve the rendering quality.

ddho1981
12-20-2003, 11:06 PM
very very nice -- what settings did you use on the spots for the recessed-lights if you don't mind divulging that info.

DH

mamurphy
12-21-2003, 12:12 PM
kuik2c,

You asked if we liked the square or round tables earlier.....

I prefer the round ones. To me, they are a little more dynamic.
If you're looking for the traditional dinner table look then go with the long rectangular ones.

kuik2c
12-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by ddho1981
very very nice -- what settings did you use on the spots for the recessed-lights if you don't mind divulging that info.

DH

Hi ddho1981, I used linear light for those recessed-lights efects.

the settings is :
Linear/Area Light Quality 2
Light intensity : 55%
Range/Nominal Distance : 1.7m
with raytrace shadow.

Anyway, it depend to the enviroments brightness, normaly I use hight intensity and short distance to create tht effects, but u need to test and see whether it's okay.

The image bellow shown the top view (distance area) and section (how to locate the light)

ddho1981
12-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Oh, I was talking about the canned lighting -- my bad. That info you posted was helpful also though. Thanks!

DH

kuik2c
12-21-2003, 10:14 PM
ddho1081, if u meant downlight. then....

intensity :25-35%
fallof: linear
distance:8-10m (ceilling high is 3m)

Cone angle:50-60
Edge angle :30-40
raytrace shadow.

actualy the downlight itself just a thin plate attached to the celling with glow effect. the spot light was located a bit lower...about 2.99m high

ddho1981
12-21-2003, 10:37 PM
that's what i was looking for. thanks a lot.

DH

Dete
12-23-2003, 04:50 AM
I really like this scene - Good job

However I think you should lower the saturation on it. I played around with your image in photoshop and I think it looks better.

And maby add some blurriness to the far part of the room - not much but just 1 or 2 px.

cheers,

.: Dete :.

MorituriMax
12-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Dete
I really like this scene - Good job

However I think you should lower the saturation on it. I played around with your image in photoshop and I think it looks better.

And maby add some blurriness to the far part of the room - not much but just 1 or 2 px.

cheers,

.: Dete :.

Oh surrrrre, and next you'll be giving advice on making the sistine chapel better...

heheheh.. kidding..

j0SH
12-23-2003, 06:50 PM
looks great but i have one tiny little nit pick...the picture frames. could ya just chuck the wood texture on cubic cos i see a bit of stretching on the sides

thats all i can see...great stuff

oxyg3n
12-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Nice work.