PDA

View Full Version : NDI Scan Converter for Mac just not working at all

gsdito
08-17-2016, 09:10 AM
I have the NDI Tools installed on a Mac running OS 10.10.2. NDI Signal Generator works great, switches patterns instantly as expected, no issues. NDI Monitor works fine, sees the return of the signal generator, no problems. But NDI Scan Converter (not even the free one, the $49 version) WILL NOT show up as a source, no matter what I do. I know the network is good, or else the other apps would not work. What am I missing?

kanep
08-17-2016, 11:14 AM
Perhaps you have done this, but if you haven't you might want to send a message to the developer of the OSX version of NDI Scan Converter.

http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/
There is a support link at the bottom of the page.

I just did a quick test on NDI Scan Converter (v1.80) running on OSX 10.11.6 which had no issues working with latest TriCaster AE2 version. Might check the OSX firewall to make sure it isn't blocking this app for some reason.

livepad
08-17-2016, 11:35 AM
I have the NDI Tools installed on a Mac running OS 10.10.2. NDI Signal Generator works great, switches patterns instantly as expected, no issues. NDI Monitor works fine, sees the return of the signal generator, no problems. But NDI Scan Converter (not even the free one, the $49 version) WILL NOT show up as a source, no matter what I do. I know the network is good, or else the other apps would not work. What am I missing?

Hi Glenn

There is no good reason why one should work but the other not. One possible cause is NDI version-itis. In general all NDI apps work with all others, but there was a very brief glitch at the end of May where a version of the NDI Library was released which has some variations in compatibility. Its possible one or other of your apps is affected by this - although the known manifestation doesn't fit what you describe as the problem

Please could you contact us so we can assist you - it's likely switching versions will help, and we can assist you with that.

You can find the contact email address at the END of the support page at:
http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/support.html

Looking forward to figuring out what is happening.

Best Regards

Mark Gilbert

livepad
08-23-2016, 05:41 AM
For anyone revisiting this topic, the problem was solved by upgrading to OSX 10.10.5