PDA

View Full Version : Scale problem

circleofsmoke
08-17-2016, 08:32 AM
Hi

I think this is a long shot but could anyone suggest how I could extrude a bunch of seperate polys based on a percentage of their size?

Thanks

John

prometheus
08-17-2016, 09:32 AM
That question doesn´t make sense, there is too little information on how you intend to extrude or how the polys look like, or what direction to extrude,?
a poly is a poly, which means flat poly, it can only have a size in the axis plane, and extrusion demands an extrusion on a complete different axis (or you are looking for offset) and since you would extrude there´s no way to find out what the polysize would do for any extrusion.

I think you need to complement the question to better describe what you want...sorry.
Edit...the only way I can figure this out, would be to measure the defined 100% poly, which ever that is, and manually measure the others in percent, then extrude manually in percent accordingly, I doubt there is any extrude tool to do that automaticly.

rustythe1
08-17-2016, 09:43 AM
I think he is just saying he has polys of different areas (think greebles) and he wants to extrude each poly based on its area, e.g. a 2x2 poly and a 3x3 poly, the 2x2 needs to extrude by 2 and the 3x3 needs to extrude 3, but no there is no easy way to do this as it would be a lot of computations to measure each selected poly and re apply that back, what might be better if all the polys are the same shape is to make a greeble and use the greeble / quad panel plugin if you can find it as if I remember it scales the greebles according to the poly you are applying it to.

rustythe1
08-17-2016, 09:46 AM
http://earthwormjim.free.fr/lscript/modeler/greeble/index.html

- - - Updated - - -

just noticed he updated it for 2015 as well, cool